Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Beginning of the Week - What to De-Clutter Next?

Son came up on Monday. We got his car dropped off, had a nice meal, a bit of cake and then we drove him back home. Not sure how long the car will be in with the mechanic. He has food enough to last and there is a shop about a mile away so he can walk there if anything else is needed. I'm hoping it won't be too long! 

Today I got started back into the daily routine. Housework done. Another stack of magazines ready to read. A bit of shopping done. My meal plan is done but I messed up on the food shop so there are a couple of items I need to still pick up. There was no walk today as it actually rained. It made for a long day, but I seemed to get quite a bit more done so I'm feeling a little bit more productive. 

I need to get back started on the decluttering again, but I'm struggling with a place to start. I suppose I might start with the easiest - clothes. So tomorrow I'm going to go through the wardrobe again. I'm don't really have loads of clothes, but I have more than I need. I think I can sort them into three categories - Walking Clothes, Comfy/House Clothes and those I wear when going out. I realised, when I was going on holiday, that there are some I hang on to that I don't really wear or feel that comfortable in. It's surprising when you're spending three + weeks away what clothes you actually need. When I was at my sisters this time, I wore all the capris I took - could have used another pair or two. I didn't wear all the tops - found I wasn't comfortable in a couple and two had defaults I hadn't seen until I got them into bright sunlight! My comfy clothes I wore them all. When I was packing there were certain items I avoided, and I don't wear them when I'm home! So why am I hanging on to them? Off to the charity shop they will go!

What do you find the easiest to get rid of? 

Photo today - this is one of the photos I took in England. Mandarin Duck. I love these ducks. The males are really bright and colourful. There are a bunch of them that live in Christchurch Park in Ipswich. My sister always sends me photos of the ones she sees when she is walking there. While I was there I saw mostly females and a few of the young males, not so bright and colourful, but one time we were walking there and there was a pause in human noise and out he popped. He was so very bright and a real treat to see!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.