Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2024

The Decluttering - A Good Start

I actually feel quite productive! I sorted through the drawers in the bedroom yesterday and the wardrobe today. I am pleased to say that I have boxed up 32 - yes 32! - items of clothing to be donated. I got rid of 9 bits that were in no fit state to be donated. There was also a bag of rubbish - ends of wrapping paper, broken hangers etc. While I was on a roll, I got rid of 5 old cooking magazines and 21 books!!! Husband has three big boxes to take to the charity shop on Saturday. He will also be taking 17 photography magazines to his friend's house when he visits Saturday afternoon. I'm really pleased with what I've got rid of so far just in a couple of days!

I've just got to decide on what to work on next. I think it might be the coat cupboard by the back door. I think there are still things in there that belong to the 'children'. If there are they are going to be dontated or got rid of. They have been gone for years so I can't imagine they'll want them any longer. 

I do struggle to get rid of things, but it's strange that once they are gone, I don't miss them. I shall try to keep that in mind as I move forward. The goal is to rid the house of clutter and for everything to have a place. 

I also really need to work on the books. Those are definitely something I struggle with. There are also more magazines. There is one magazine I really like; it has lovely photos and is more like a book. I have been hanging on to them, but I am thinking that as I finish decluttering the photography magazines, I might work on getting rid of those. Perhaps over winter. It would be nice to sit with a nice hot drink on a cold winter's day and read one of them and let it go. 

As for future photography magazines I am thinking that I might do an online subscription. The one I really like is available on Kindle and at less than half the price. Or I might do a Kindle Unlimited Subscription which includes several magazine subscriptions. I'm not sure which. I know it is still money spent, but there will be less clutter and less cost. Until I'm ready to give it up completely I'm thinking it might be the way to go! 

Anyway, photo for the day. Cormorant. I have been seeing a lot of them. There were lots in England - several at the seaside and a couple in the park in Ipswich! I've been seeing them since I came back to Michigan too. There has been one hanging around at my usual walking spot. I've seen them there before, but I don't usually see them quite as close as this one has been coming. Also, when husband and I went on our Sunday adventure we watched as one got hold of a really big fish and ate it! Swallowed the thing whole! 

So here it is





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.