Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2024

Back - Normal Service to Presume ha ha!

I'm back from England. Had a lovely time. Didn't really want to come back. Lol. No, I am excited that I will be seeing Granddaughter soon. Sister and I had lots of lovely walks. Me, her and her husband had a nice weekend away and lots of good times. I shall miss her. Can't wait for next year! The weather was really quite lovely. There were a couple of nights of rain, but had cleared up by the time we went out and only one day where the weather was miserable. That, of course, was the day we wanted it to be dry! Sister had arranged for a small family get together. My other sister and her husband were there, as was my brother, his partner and three of his grandchildren. My sister who I was staying with had her two adult children there with their children. We all met at a local social club they belong too. There is a football field out the back where the children could play. Luckily, there was a break in the weather and the children could all play together outside. We ordered fish and chips and had a great old time with lots of chat and a few drinks. 

Of course, now comes the struggle to get back into the groove and get things at home back on track. It was nice just being away from the house and all the stuff that goes with it. I had good intentions to think about plans while I was away, but in reality, I didn't think about the house a lot at all. That means that I have to think about it now! 



Me having a paddle. 

Hope everyone is having a good end to the summer. I came back to rather hot weather - which I hadn't missed at all! My sister says they've had a few chilly days since I've left. Not sure I'd like that much either lol. 

Back tomorrow! 

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back/home. Yes, it has turned quite chilly here. Some sunny days but not that warm overall. I'm glad you had such a lovely time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a lovely time with your family. It must have been nice to see everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely. I miss so much. It was good to see everyone. My BIL is battling cancer so was nice to be able to give him a hug and see him in person.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time and saw your brother and sisters and their families. I'm sure your family here are happy to have you back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.