Pages

Monday, June 10, 2019

After the Weekend...

Saturday wasn't a bad day weather wise. We managed to get out and take a walk on the beach before the holidaymakers got there. It was pretty quiet. I think that's the best time to walk the beach. I did manage to Skype with Mum today. She'd been having trouble with her internet connection on her computer. She had to have her modem changed by Virgin a couple of weeks back and even though the man who came said he had hooked up both her computer and Kindle with the new codes she couldn't get through to anything on her computer. My middle sister went over on Friday and took a look. Apparently the man hadn't put in the code properly. Once Sister did it everything worked okay. It was nice to see her again. It won't be long (July 12) until I go visit her and spend six lovely weeks with her.

Sunday dawned grey and rainy. Yuck. We took a drive anyway and managed - by going north - to avoid the rain for a quick walk, but it soon caught up with us. We ended up heading back early than usual but did get some shopping done on the way back. I won't have a car again this week as son has yet to buy one. He and Hubby did go look on Saturday afternoon, but he's still thinking about it. He probably won't make a decision until we get back from our next week camping holiday. I shall have the car one day this week as I need to buy supplies for our trip.

Today is grey and rainy again. It isn't very cheerful at all for a Monday morning. I find it difficult to get moving on days like this. I have done a few things, shall read some blogs and then do a little more.

I managed to sort out a few books though it is getting more difficult as I still find myself wanting to read them. I shall keep going though! A couple of these I've read and a couple I haven't but it's time to let them go.


I thought I'd share a photo from my garden. I've been posting on other photography blog so I don't yap about birds and whatnot all the time lol. I've been watching these baby starlings. They are huge! About as big as their parents! I think sometimes the parents have had enough as they fly off when the babies start to crowd them and leave the babies there just looking around lol.


12 comments:

  1. I've been sorting books here today too, the weather has been awful so no outside work. Found a few to sell and some for charity shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The starling babies are HUGE! If I was that momma I woudl say enough is enough! HA! That is why I am not a bird....feeding those baby birds is a lot of work...tons of hunting for momma and daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baby bird looks almost bigger than the parent! I, too, find myself wanting to read or re-read my books before I declutter them! Well done on all what you are decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like only a fellow book lover can relate - ha ha. They are bigger now. Poor parents.

      Delete
  4. You have my sympathy - I find sorting books just about the hardest thing in the world!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness the starling baby is huge, you captured a great photo. I need to have a good sort out of our books but keep putting it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mainly only sorting them because of the challenge lol

      Delete
  6. This pic is so cute! I wish I could live near the beach☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.