Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Another Day....

It was supposed to be sunny and dry today so I thought I'd walk down to the park (takes about 25mins walk to get there), have a walk around and walk back so I wouldn't go absolutely crazy being stuck in the house. Of course it wasn't sunny, it was drizzly and foggy. I put my coat on anyway and walked down there. The sun didn't come out until well after I was home. Sigh. Tomorrow husband is going in later to walk and dropping son off at his so I will have my car for the day. I shall do a walk, but I've got some shopping to do.

One good thing about my week in - I haven't bought any groceries, so I've been using up things we have! I've made a good dent in the small freezer. I'll see what else I can find in there and supplement with bought items (purchased over the weekend).

I didn't post yesterday so I have 2 books to add to the pile. I have recently read both of them. I struggled to get through the first one. I didn't particularly like the characters or the story. Oh well, live and learn. This shall be added to the 'donate to library' pile.


This second book I absolutely loved. I finished it today. I sat and cried at the end. I have actually going to take this one to England with me and share with Mum so it will be added to her pile. I was tempted to keep, but I am trying to be good! I know she'll enjoy it. I usually take an extra case with me (use it as a carry on there and checked in on way back) so I'm taking a few books to her. She loves to read but they are so expensive to post!


I did say I'd post the other three cards that I made. Unfortunately I have no idea what I did with the photos! I took them, but didn't download to my computer when I added the others (insert grumpy face here). I shall have to retake. It's the story of my life.

6 comments:

  1. That's nice that you are taking some books to share with your Mum. I think that makes it easier to give away the books, when you know they are going to someone who will enjoy reading it as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly easier to get rid of them if I know someone else is appreciating them!

      Delete
  2. Good job with using what you had. I did the same this week with a turkey. I usually buy a few around the holidays when they are cheap nd put them in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be another week of the same. I'll do that with the turkey if I ever end up with space lol

      Delete
  3. I have been making cards too and finishing off a Christmas scrapbook, not before time. So nice to take things over for your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cards seem nice and quick and easy - though sometimes I just sit there and stare at my desk lol. Good on the album! I have one to work on but even that isn't catching my fancy right now.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.