Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Flowers

A while ago I wrote that I was a flower photography course. I can only say that I don't think it's really my thing. I know it would help if I took more of them, but I'm not really happy about the way they are turning out. Other people are sharing and their photos look fantastic and I look at mine and think...nope...I don't think so. Don't get me wrong, I like flowers. I can't grow them, don't generally buy them, but I like wandering around a garden looking at them. It's just when I go to photograph them it doesn't turn out quite like I think it should in my head. 

Last week the lesson was about Contrejour which is basically shooting into the sun. It would help if there was sunshine. Anytime I found flowers I thought would work the sun was in the wrong position. I'm hoping to try that one out while we're away. 

This week's lesson was finding the hero flower. I quite liked this lesson as it's something I tend to do anyway. Unfortunately I didn't really find one this week. While I was out looking I did find several things on flowers. 

A spider on a flower - rather long legs!


Raindrops on a flower (plenty of those around)


And even a bug!


This is sort of what a hero flower should look like. This is one I took last year while visiting Mum. A hero flower stands out against all the others. 


I haven't shared any of these in our Facebook 'classroom'. I keep repeating the motto of A Year with my Camera (the flower course is through the 'owner' of it Emma Davies who is mainly a flower photographer) which is 'The only photographer I will compare myself to is me'. I suppose if I look at the course that way I am learning something. I am getting outside my comfort zone and trying new things. I'm even learning something about myself. 

6 comments:

  1. I love the poppy photo! Would you recommend the course even though you've decided that flower photography isn't for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would. I really find the courses Emma teaches informative and easy to follow. The good thing is that once you've purchased the course you can do it at your own pace too - it doesn't go away once the 'active' time is done AND you are able to repeat it again, anytime, as long as she's in business. As I've been away I will catch up and go back to the lessons I've missed and next time I'll probably join in again!

      Delete
  2. I think all your photos are lovely, and that includes the flowers, with or without bugs, spiders, and raindrops! Just enjoy the process. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support, Bless. That's what I tell myself and I'm working on it!

      Delete
  3. I like them! I do love the comment: A hero flower stands out against all others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.