Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Been a While....

It's been a little while since I wrote. I hadn't planned on it that way but I think after the lead up to the flight that wasn't and then subsequent delays I just wanted to spend the shorter time completely with daughter and relax and enjoy. I ended up not taking my computer with me either.

My last post was just a confirming that my flight that was supposed to leave Saturday morning ended up being cancelled. I think that was because the snowstorm was in Minneapolis (where I was going to fly into on Saturday) and the plane that was supposed to leave there and be our plane that would be going back there in the morning never left. I was rescheduled for Sunday - this would not be a straight through flight but a connection in Detroit. My plane was supposed to leave at 6.30 in the morning. I got notice Saturday night that it was delayed until 8am. The snowstorm had moved our way. In the night I got another notice that it would not leave until after 9am. When I got to the airport there was no plane in sight and the time had been changed to 9.26am. The plane arrived at 9.30 so we didn't leave then. We finally left around 10.30. I thought I would have a long wait at Detroit as my layover was supposed to be 4 hours. I had time to get off the plane, hurry to the gate...only to find that plane had been delayed. Luckily not by long. I did have time to go to the loo and get a drink (I hadn't had anything since I got up).

I finally made it to see daughter. We had a lovely week. The weather wasn't all that great - though no major snow storms while I was there! It went really quick as obviously my time was cut by almost two days. We enjoyed our time together. Husband and I will be going to visit again in April though that time we will be driving lol.

Now it's time to get back into the groove of things. I've taken a couple of days to just decompress. Obviously good byes aren't good. Sigh. I shall be back blogging and catching up on some reading!


At this time of year planes have to be de-iced before they fly!


Are you going to share? It's really hard to get a sitting photo of all of them, but they did this totally by themselves - daughter was eating crackers.

7 comments:

  1. That bad weather has a lot to answer for. Not a great flight out, was it, but I'm glad you got there eventually and that you were able to focus on family and have a pleasant time.

    Those three faces! such a funny photo!!

    Welcome back!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that there were so many delays but, at least you were able to have a safe flight there and back. I'm sure you had a lovely visit with your daughter and I agree with you, it's hard to say goodbye isn't it? But, you'll see her again in a couple of months, so you have that to look forward to. That's a great picture of the three dogs! I can just imagine they were following every move to see if they might get a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Sharon. I'm glad you eventually managed to fly out but how disappointing to lose a couple of days of your holiday.

    What a brilliant photo of the dogs.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you managed to get away in spite of the weather and delays. A great photo of the dogs, made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a super photo of the dogs. It's a shame your visit to you daughter was cut short by the weather/travel difficulties but I'm glad you had a lovely time with your daughter for the rest of the days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you were able to visit with your daughter. Those dogs are so intent! You captured that in the picture. April will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.