Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Saturday Ramblings

Another grey day here.  I did go out for a walk. I also stopped and picked up a brace for my ankle. After thinking about it I decided it was cheaper to buy the brace and give it a try rather than pay the $50/100 for a doctor's visit. Husband and oldest son worked today so I had the house to myself when I got back. I Skyped with Mum and we had a good chat. We will be back to our normal Wednesday and Saturdays now that the holiday season is over.

I started writing down some goals. I want to finish them up before sharing. I'm trying to focus my ideas and not have them all over the place which they tend to be lately.

I do have my photography goals written down.

* Continue with my black & white photography
* Make more photographic cards.
* Document Lakeshore Erosion - Big Project (for Camera Club)
* Learn Photoshop and do composites using textures - this makes photographs look like art prints/paintings. I plan on photographing most of my textures.
* Do more Still Life photography. This is something I am not very good at and really struggle with. 

If only the rest of the goals I have for the home would be so easy to decide upon!  Oh, I do a Goodreads Goal set up for 100 books to be read this year. Anybody else planning on a reading goal?

As today is the first Saturday of the month I participate in something called #1day12pics. It's supposed to give a snapshot of your day in twelve photos. These are mine in a collage.



10 comments:

  1. Sounds like some interesting goals . . . I love black and white photography and learning Photoshop is something that I would like to do too.
    Have a great 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photoshop seems really intimidating to me but I'm hoping!

      Delete
  2. I think you made the best of a grey day, Sharon. I like your photography goals and the photo-collage. I don't have a reading goal, as such, but, I'd like to re-read 12 books that are on my shelves before decluttering them, this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have plans to declutter the books. Sigh. Hoping that by setting the goal a lot of those books will end up leaving the house. The trick is not to bring any more in!

      Delete
  3. Some super photos there, Sharon, and I love your goals.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the snapshot of the day type thing. I have some goals, but I don't want to say them either...ahhaaa. I think you should make photo cards, framed 8x10 etc...find an art consignment/gallery type place and try selling them. However, I think you have enough of us who love your work that we would purchase via a group or somehting. You are an excellent photographer with wonderful perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacky! I really appreciate your support. It is something I am going to work on. As you know I really struggle with goals - hence the word of the year!

      Delete
  5. You have such a talent for photography you should indeed try to sell some of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really need a good dose of self confidence. Wish I could buy that lol

      Delete
  6. I'm in the process of setting myself some photography goals. I'm thinking along the lines of a different theme for each month but if I don't get a move on there won't be one for January!

    I'm aiming to read at least 50 books this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.