Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Creative groove...not

I think it's a combination of winter and dull, grey days that I'm not feeling all that creative lately. I tend to have ideas at the most awkward time and then when it comes to when I have time to sit down and create nothing comes to mind! Is anyone else struggling with all the darkness at this time of year?

I did splurge when I was with daughter. St. Cloud Minnesota has the most fantastic craft shop (Crafts Direct) that I love to visit when I am there. They have every craft imaginable, lots of new products and are a family owned shop. They do have a 40% off coupon each week that is available off any product for a donation of $1 to the charity chosen that week. I love this idea! What a great way to raise money and give people the coupons they love. I had such good ideas to do with the items I bought while I was there and now that I'm home - poof - they are gone and I am feeling uninspired. I am going to try to keep a notebook near me so I can write things down. Perhaps I shall have to go on Pinterest and have a look around. Where do you get inspiration from?

On the home front I haven't done a lot of clearing out. I need to take a page out of daughter's book. She had been sorting through her wardrobe and had over 10 plastic bags of clothes to take to the charity shop! I don't think I even have 10 bags of clothes lol. She likes clothes, but buys a lot of them at the charity shop or when they are on clearance for ridiculous prices. I have managed to clear out a few books that are in a bag waiting for me to take for donation but not a lot else. I think it's time to get back to the list making!

Today's Photo - this is a Northern Flicker. It is a woodpecker though it does feed from the ground too. They have a lovely heart-shaped red mark on the back of their necks. The males have a black mustache whereas the females don't. Some stay in the southern part of the state of Michigan, others fly south. I love the way these woodpeckers look. This one visited my suet feeder out front of my house. The weather wasn't the greatest (snow/ice) and the woodpecker seemed a little confused - or maybe he was wishing that he'd gone south for the winter!


14 comments:

  1. Pintrest for the win! I buy my clothes the same as your daughter. I had a pileated woodpecker at my feeder today. He/she was huge! Poor thing, thought the post I have my feeder on was a tree? Pecking around it...nope, it's a post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really jealous! I haven't had one come to the garden. I did see a couple last winter on my daily walk but haven't seen one for a while.

      Delete
  2. Yes, Pinterest is a good place to look for crafts ideas. Keeping an ideas notebook is also a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get inspiration from all sorts of things. Just now I read on Cheryl's blog about how she's going to make some lotion bars and it caught my imagination as I have most of the ingredients in.
    It's odd how some things look great but don't rouse in us any feelings to explore further and some things just grab us!
    I think the notebook is a brilliant idea.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when I have no mojo for crafting. It used to happen quite a bit when I was cardmaking.
    You Tube is my go to place when I need some inspiration. It doesn't even need to be a video about a certain craft. I like watching craft room makeovers, thrift shopping and upcycling videos. They always make me want to do something.
    Hope you get your mojo back soon.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched YouTube for a while. I shall give it a try. I have a lot to catch up on!

      Delete
  5. Hello. Sometimes I feel swamped with the amount of materials I have collected, and the ideas on youtube. I look at what I have and wait till it talks to me. You can't force creativity, best to make something simple, then another idea might follow it. Try joining Textile Art Collective Facebook page. People post pictures of what they have made. I don't do Pinterest because it can be come overwhelming and addictive with too much information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find tidying and reorganising helps. I always get sidetracked part way through as I find things I've forgotten about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A notebook is such a good idea to keep all your ideas in and little notes of recipes and patterns will help keep them all together in one place...like a scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.