Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Grey Ol' Days

It's not been very nice here in Michigan for the past couple of days. We did manage to get out for a little walk on Sunday. Our area didn't get a lot of ice - though there was quite a bit on the cars, which had to be seriously defrosted before we left - but the roads down here weren't too bad. However as we travelled up a little north of us you could see where they had got significant icing and snow. It wasn't very sunny but the fresh snow was a nice change from the grey and brown.


We walked up a lot of steps that day and I could certainly feel it the next day! I'm still feeling it a bit today. I went out for a walk yesterday but thought I'd give it a rest today. It's been horribly grey and dull and - to be honest - I just couldn't be bothered. I'm trying to save money - or rather not spend a lot - so I didn't want to go to the shops. I did however take back a whole bunch of recyclable cans and bottles that have been accumulating in our garage. Here in Michigan we pay a deposit on each can or bottle of fizzy drink (both alcoholic and non). It felt good to get rid of a bunch of them.

I also spent most of the day trying to sort out Photoshop. I watched a few tutorials and tried to at least learn a few things. It isn't easy, but I imagine it's like anything else - it will take a while to get the hang of. I did manage to make a composite photo of one of my lighthouses photos from Saturday. It turned out quite nicely I think. I like the almost painting look. It's something fun to do on not-so-nice days and I'm looking forward to seeing how these print up. It will also be good on cloudy days to maybe try to photograph some textures to use in building the backgrounds.


I'm trying not to stress about the weekend - a snow storm is supposed to come through Friday night and Saturday morning - when I'm supposed to fly out. I am telling myself that I can reschedule the flight (it is a straight-through flight) if mine is cancelled. Fingers crossed though and the weather people will be wrong!

5 comments:

  1. I quite like photoshop but I have a very old version and also I only use the basics - tickling the surface, if truth be told.
    The photo edit is lovely - it does look as if it had been painted.
    And fingers crossed for the weekend. I hope whatever's coming doesn't stop you from flying out. That would be a disappointment if it did.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both photos! The second one, of the lighthouse looks very artistic! But, that first one of the snowy steps is just lovely! I hope the storm holds off until you visit your daughter and come back! Have a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use Photoshop and, after a slow start, got on well with it but only scratched the surface of all it could do. I now use Lightroom and am back to learning how to get the best out of it.

    I hope your flight doesn't get cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos Sharon. I love the one you have Photoshopped.
    Fingers crossed your flight goes ahead.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness what an amazing photo, it really does look like a painting. Hope all goes well with your travel plans.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.