Pages

Friday, January 3, 2020

FOCUS - Word of the Year

I have chosen my 'word' of the year. I've been thinking about it for a little while and this is the word that I decided upon. I've been all over the place lately and so I hope by reminding myself to FOCUS it will help me keep on track. I have lots of ideas and thoughts in my head - deep breath, focus - that I'm still sorting out before deciding on 2020 goals. 

We did go for a nice walk on New Year's Day. It snowed on New Year's Eve, but it was beautifully sunny on New Year's Day. It was supposed to be warmer - and it did warm up later in the day - but when we went out it was bitterly cold. There was ice on the plants by the beach. Brrr…. We did see some wind surfers out in the water for a dip. Made me cold just watching them. 

I did something to my bad ankle when I was out yesterday - I hope this is not a sign of how 2020 will be - so I've been taking it easy. I didn't twist it or anything. I had gone for a walk and done fine, went a couple of places and when I got home and stepped out of the car it felt as though my ankle would give way and there was a sharp pain. I had to stay off it most of the day yesterday and I definitely couldn't go up the stairs to my craft room. Not happy as I had plans. 

I decided to give it a rest and not go for a walk today but there have been a couple of iffy moments. I'm not sure what is wrong with it. Hopefully it will go away. I did get into my craft room and worked on some mini albums. This year I am determined to use up some of my paper and also use some of my photos. This album is made of two sheets of double sided 12 x 12 paper. It's just got things inside that make me happy. 





3 comments:

  1. Focus is a very good word of the year! I generally don't do word of the year, but, this year, I think I will give it a try and choose "organized". I think my life would be much better if I was a little more organized!

    I hope your ankle is OK. Maybe wear a brace when going for walks or climbing stairs?

    I love that mini album you made! I want to get back to scrapbooking this year - I have a few pages I want to redo because my daughter removed the pictures for some of her own projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say what Bliss has said. Maybe your ankle needs a bit of external support for a few days?

    That's a very lovely album and I can understand how it gives you joy. Is that your handwriting - it's most attractive.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful word for the New Year. I am still undecided on what word to use. Hope your ankle feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.