Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Sunday Happenings

It was supposed to be another cloudy day here in Michigan. We had decided not to go too far as husband had worked yesterday and I wanted to make sure he had some down time today before going back to work tomorrow. We ended up going to the lakeshore so I could start taking photos for my yearly project. It was - surprisingly - a little sunny though bitterly cold. I was so glad I had decided to put my long undies on under my jeans. I even had to use some hand warmers between two pairs of gloves as my fingers were so cold! Brrr…. We got out early and there weren't too many people around. I did manage to take photos. I haven't looked at them yet. I was rather tired when I got home and ended up falling asleep while trying to warm up and read a book.

While we were out in the car hubby and I talked about setting a state park goal this year. It's a big birthday year for me (sshhh… I'm turning 50 in May) so we are going to try to do 50 state parks this year. We have decided to include both Michigan and Minnesota parks as we plan on visiting daughter in April and going to a couple there. It's quite a big goal. We thought this would help get us out of our comfort zone as we seem to be going to the same places over and over. By setting this goal we'll get out and explore some parks that perhaps we would have overlooked. We've already made a good start this year.

Grand Haven State Park - New Year's Day
Muskegon State Park - New Year's Day
Warren Dunes State Park - January 5th

Still working on those other goals...

Things I do need to get done this week:

* wash kitchen and bathroom curtains (not big curtains but more lace style toppers)
* clean out small freezer. If I can get this cleared and sorted I would be able to work on getting down to just one freezer.
* at least 7 books to donate

Photo of the day:


This one is from our New Year's Day walk in the sand dunes at Muskegon State Park.

6 comments:

  1. That is a lovely photo, Sharon. I like the goal of 50 state parks this year! I hope you accomplish this week's to do list, too. Here's to a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We really enjoy walking at the parks. They are such lovely places to visit - so much to see!

      Delete
  2. That's an interesting goal for the year. Will you do a photo book to record it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am either going to do a handmade book or do one on the computer. It sort of depends how many photos I end up with.

      Delete
  3. My goodness that is a lot of walks and 50 different State parks, what an adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.