Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Weekend - and Thanks!

Thank you so much for all the encouraging comments on the last post. I'm still feeling a little blah, but I'm trying to just get on with it. Perhaps this is just too much information but I think it's a collections of things that's making me feel this way - the weather, the grey days, after-Christmas slump and the beginnings of menopause. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster of emotions and the way my body feels. Sigh. Yup, that's probably enough.

It's the weekend and, despite the weather, husband and I took a little drive this morning. It was raining and windy, but the ice didn't start until later. As I look outside now it is icing a little. We shall have to see what it is like before we decide on going out tomorrow. Today we took a quick trip to the lakeshore. We didn't get out long as it was raining but it was nice to take a drive and chat.

Here's a shot out of the car windscreen with my phone.


And another of the lighthouse we did get out at. The waves were really wild at this one. Husband was a little behind me and when I walked out I could see the water was coming up quite high so I walked up a slight hill onto some higher sand. He saw me moving up just as a wave was coming and quickly followed. If he had walked along the pier he would have got very wet!


We really are quite careful when the waves are like this. I think people underestimate the power of the lake. There was a story from New Year's Day where a couple was walking along the walk at another lighthouse and were swept off by a wave. They weren't from the area (and I don't think there are any signs at that one) so probably didn't know how high the water is and how slippery the walkway can be. One of them managed to get to safety but they haven't found the other one yet. The lake is so high right now that places that used to be safe to walk no longer are.

When we got back I Skyped Mum which is always uplifting and talked to daughter. I leave to visit her next Saturday (fingers crossed for the weather) and am looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, those hormones can really affect our moods, can't they? I'm glad I'm beyond that stage, now!

    That is a very impressive looking wave and a great photo! The great lakes are more like seas at times. I was in Wisconsin when the ship, the Edmund Fitzgerald sank.

    I'm glad you got to Skype with your Mum and it won't be long before you'll be seeing your daughter, again. Hope you have a good weekend and the rest of the week goes well, too. Just take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those waves are seriously dangerous, aren't they. Wonderful to watch from a safe distance, not so wonderful to experience. A most impressive photograph!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wonders of technology how wonderful to skype your mum. The waves were an amazing sight but as you say very dangerous. Great photo. Primrose oil may help with hormones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that the lighthouse at St. Joe?? We lived there in '77 to '83 and the kids still miss the beaches and the big pavillion where they held dances etc on the St Joe beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your lighthouse photos, so keep them coming please! We used to live by the coast and I learned to respect the power of the waves at a very young age. So many people don't seem to - I do hope they can find the other person to give some degree of closure for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I believe, that most of what you are feeling is "stage" of life kind of issues. The waves are powerful! Yes, Lake Michigan is very high! Sad story about the couple. Fingers crossed about he weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.