Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Almost the End of the Week...

Tomorrow will be husband's last day at work. Hopefully it will only be for a couple of weeks, but I have a feeling it will last longer. I don't get politic on my blog because goodness knows, we get enough of that, but I am feeling a little better that some financial help will be given to those who end up laid off because of the virus. It makes worries a little less. I know that husband doesn't like it as he'd rather be working but we'll make the best of it - and hopefully stay sane and still talking to one another at the end of it.  I am thankful that we can still go out for walks.

I did my food shopping today. I actually made a list, stuck to it and got enough for a week (I hope). I am really trying to avoid going to the shops unless I really have to. It will help with the finances too. The weather was nicer today. I went to do the food shopping first thing and then went for a walk. It got really busy! I shall be making sure that I go early in the morning so that I can avoid people - not just because of the virus, but because I genuinely enjoy walking when things are quiet.

On my way back from shopping today I drove down the main road of our city, the one that has all the shops on it. It was very quiet. It was almost eerie. There aren't a lot of shops open anymore. I certainly hope that once this is over the majority of them will be able to return.

I have been spending far too much time out in my garden rather than thinking of other things. Not good. I shall try to do better next week. I think right now we're all trying to carve out new routines. It will be strange adjusting to having husband home during the week.

I shared this photo in my online camera club and it made people smile. I hope it brings a smile to your face!


5 comments:

  1. Oh, that picture is priceless! Someone else is stocking up, in preparations for staying home, it looks like! :D Just how far do those cheek pouches stretch?

    Well done on sticking to your list when you shopped for your groceries, today. I hope you were able to get everything you needed.

    I hope your husband's layoff will be of short duration and the financial help will come in useful. I hope the next couple of weeks will be as stress-free as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiling at your picture - it's brilliant!
    I hope things work out for you, both financial and in other ways. I'm glad you got pretty much everything you needed.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture has cheered me up .... it's brilliant!

    I'm glad you managed to get all your shopping and a huge 'well done' for sticking to your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the streets are eerie. I'm thankful for the stimulous money as well. I'm self-employeed, as you know, the shop I sell at is closed, my classes cancelled, markets are still on hold...I think it will cancel (it is my 2nd best market to sell at)....so, whatever they send, will be good to me. I love that picture! "My bad! A 2 peanut limit?!?" (I'm saying funnier here than it types...LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are always amazing. Love it! Stay safe and well. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.