Pages

Friday, March 20, 2020

Phew it's Friday!

I keep waking up in the morning waiting for the other shoe to fall. So far doing okay - we made it to the end of the week with everyone healthy and still in work! I must admit that every day I'm holding my breath as I know it's probably coming soon for husband and oldest son. It is not a good feeling. Taking walks and watching the birds in the garden is keeping me somewhat sane. The weather has been blah which doesn't help but tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be sunny, but cold. Husband and I shall be going out walking as long as we are allowed.

My Mum is doing okay. It was my sister's 60th birthday on Tuesday - they did still manage to go out for lunch (the restaurant was almost empty). Sister, thankfully, got my card on time for her birthday! She really liked it. I did remember to send off mum's Mother's Day card so hopefully she'll get that on time. I will get her something when I visit as there isn't anything she really wants and she still has lots of gift certificates left from Christmas!

I hope everyone is doing okay. Shelves here in the supermarket were pretty empty again today. I got a few bits but won't be going over the weekend. Husband usually picks up something that he cooks over the weekend, but this week he'll have to chose something we already have lol. I'm sort of glad I procrastinated a bit on eating down the freezer and cupboards.

Today's photo is another bird. I think he's saying 'I'm just going to close my eyes and snuggle down until this is over'.

What do you think?


3 comments:

  1. Birdie definitely looks like he's ready for a long nap! I'm glad your card reached your sister in time and they managed to go out to celebrate. I heard on BBC News, today, that the prime minister called for all pubs and restaurants to close until further notice. Looks like they are shutting down, over there. Hope your mum and sisters are prepared to stay home.

    I'm glad you are still able to get out and about. I hope your husband and oldest son don't have to stop working. All one can do is hope and pray, at this point in time. Hope you have a good weekend, Sharon. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yesterday the PM ordered all pubs, restaurants, cinemas, gyms, theatres etc. in the UK to close indefinitely. Only shops and essential services remain open and people should only be leaving home to go to work or to buy food. Walks are still permitted if safe to do so, i.e. in open spaces.

      Hope you and your family stay safe Sharon x

      Delete
  2. This time procrastinating worked in our favor...LOL. My husband works in a factory. They have made a few distancing, visiting, staggered shift type changes, but so far still working. We have 1 confirmed case in our immediate area. O.k. so this little bird I believe is doing exactly what you said..."When I open my eyes, it'll all be over."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.