Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Muddling Through

The situation seems really fluid and is moving so fast and I think that's part of what's having people panic. The shelves here were really empty over the weekend, but slowly restocking is being done. The shops have cut their hours so they can clean and restock each night. I think now that the panic buying has been done things are just evening out.

It's really strange out - husband says the drive home is quite quiet, probably due to the schools being closed. In the morning however it seems busier than normal and the place I usually walk has a lot more people going there! I must admit that (being the dentist chicken that I am) the only good thing to come of all this is that my dentist appointment next week has been cancelled. Phew. I was dreading it. I do feel sorry that the workers have temporarily lost their jobs. The restaurants and bars have all closed here too - only drive throughs are open - so more workers impacted.

I  must admit that I've been out walking a lot. I want to make the most of it while I can in case we all have to stay inside. Besides things here are starting to 'spring'. A heron has returned to the lake now that it has defrosted and the geese are starting to mate and build nests. I actually saw the beginnings of buds on the trees! It would be a most spectacular time of the year if not for the worry.

I hope everyone is keeping well.

Here's another bird with attitude! Caption anyone? Jacky from Dicky Bird's Nest came up with a great one for the swan on the last post!




4 comments:

  1. All one can do at this time is muddle through, somehow, isn't it? We in uncharted territory with this virus. I'm glad your dental appointment was cancelled. My dentist's office called me, yesterday, to schedule an appointment and I told them I am not going out right now! LOL. We made the appointment for May; hopefully, things will be better by then.

    Bird caption: "What do you mean there's no more birdseed on the shelves?"

    Take care and stay safe, Sharon. How is your daughter doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather hope my dental appointment isn't cancelled next month. I want to get these implants sorted.
    You're right - things are changing so rapidly that, in itself, it is creating anxiety and stress and that had a knock on effect.
    Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter what is happening in our world life outside goes on as usual. Love your cardinal photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Are you kidding me....one seed in the feeder....those hoarding squirrels" Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.