Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Maybe an Early Spring?

We've had a little bit warmer weather the past few days and the birds have been out and about. I was really excited to hear my first red-winged blackbird of the season. To me they usher in the first days of Spring. As soon as the days get longer and the sun seems to come more often they appear. Their song is quite distinctive and I heard them before I saw them. I also saw my first chipmunk! If they are coming out of hibernation it certainly must mean something!




I have been out walking every day this week. On Monday there was still quite a bit of ice at the local nature park. I took a drive to the lakeshore as the sun was shining in that direction and had a wonderful walk along the beach. It was lovely and sunny there and pleasant to walk in. There was still quite a bit of ice at the beach. I liked that there weren't too many people around as it was a work day.


As I've been out a lot things haven't been progressing too much on the Homefront. I am keeping up with my everyday things, but nothing extra seems to be getting done. I have started working on a card for my sister. I've finished one, but want to make another as I have an idea in mind. I might be asking for help deciding when I've finished the second. It's what I'm going to work on tomorrow as it needs to be posted to get to my sister on time.

Tomorrow is also Mum phone call day. We're trying to decide on a holiday and dates before I book my plane tickets. At first she didn't want to go away for a week and now she's decided that she wants to. We were thinking about a trip to Ireland but she's going to check and see if there are places on the holiday before I decide on dates.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Are you seeing signs of spring where you are?

6 comments:

  1. The bulbs have been very early round here, garden flowers, which have no business to be growing yet, are shooting up and there's the beginnings of leaves on some of the trees and on my blueberry bush. I do love spring.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Spring! It's always lovely to see when everything starts to grow and there is colour in the world again.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like signs of an early spring for you, Sharon. :) Spring has already arrived in my part of the country. It was 80F, yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly seems like Spring is arriving in your part of the World. Spring does excite me after a long Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The thought of Spring is what keeps me going through the end of winter.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.