Pages

Monday, March 30, 2020

Not Motivated

I'm having trouble getting motivated. I'm having trouble sleeping some nights. I admit that I am failing at getting stuff done. I am just feeling blah. This whole thing is making me a little paranoid - a tickle in the throat, shivers, aches - do I have IT? So far so good. I remind myself that I am lucky - I am able to go for walks. I am not restricted entirely to my house.

While I was out walking today at the local park I saw this sign that gave me a chuckle. The way I read it made me think we were no longer allowed to be amused! I wonder if that includes my garden as the chipmunk in it makes me amused.


I talked to my Mum on Saturday. She is doing well but I think that having to be inside all the time by herself is getting to her a little bit. It makes me a little sad that I can't do more. I think in times like this it's a real struggle being so far away. At least it is easy to chat and Skype.

I have mostly been taking photos, sorting photos or playing with photos lol. I think it takes my mind of all the negativity and keeps me amused. Obviously I should be doing other things. On one of my photography groups someone showed a photo they had played around with in Photoshop so I gave it a go with a daisy photo I had taken. I like the way it turned out!


I tried it with a landscape and played around. It looks pretty abstract. I could have fun with this lol.


I don't know much about Photoshop but this was easy and fun.

12 comments:

  1. Sharon, if it is of any comfort to you, you are not the only one who is not motivated, have trouble sleeping, not getting anything much done, etc. I haven't felt very motivated, myself, and haven't done any of the things I could be doing. I am giving myself a break because, right now, self-care is more important than a tidy house.

    I like what you've done with your photos. Keep playing with them if that brings you some joy. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photoshop can be great fun, can't it. Those pictures are fun.

    I'm the same with the worries. Sleep patterns are bad in that I wake in the early hours and can't get back to sleep again. Ditto with the tickles and niggles. You're not alone and I totally understand.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know a lot about Photoshop but am trying to learn more.

      That's how I am with sleeping! I hope it's a temporary thing

      Delete
  3. That look like a fun way to create art. I love the daisy and would love to see a dandelion photoshopped in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have a dandelion somewhere. I might give it a try!

      Delete
  4. Those pictures are COOL! One step at a time...I have started digging and cleaning in 3 rooms at once....it's a mess! I work at it, I listen to podcasts for 1 hour....stop do something "fun"...go back listen to another hour podcast...I'm at that point! HELP... We have 3 cases in our county. I've been to my daughter's house 2 times to babysit so she could skype or whatever she does for work from home for a few hours and here, that's it for 10 days now. It's too cold to garden yet. I try NOT to listen to too much about the virus...I'm informed, but not to the point I'm overwhelmed - I am overwhelmed with the mess I've created...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do something like that or I will just dream away the hours. We have about 24 in ours and 1 death. Like you I'm trying to stay away from the news while staying informed.

      Delete
  5. I think a lot of people are feeling down, lacking motivation and finding it difficult to concentrate on anything. It's just one day at a time and do whatever you can manage.

    The photos are lovely, good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With the restrictions we have thrust upon us, I am becoming lazy. I waste time doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm finding too. At the end of the day I think of all the things I should have been but I'm lacking motivation!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.