Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Plodding Along and Changes...

Well, another week is just plodding along. Our clocks changed here on Sunday so things feel a little off. I have to remind myself of it when I call Mum tomorrow as she'll now only be four hours ahead instead of five. I must admit the time changes always confuse me. The one in autumn is only a week or so difference before hers change, but in the spring hers won't change until the end of the month! I shall have to remember when I call and Skype.

I did manage to get up early on Monday to see a Sunrise. That won't be happening very often once it starts getting a lot lighter in the morning. The only good place in the city to go see clearly is at a park that doesn't open until 8am! I thought it was going to be cloudy on Monday but when I woke up I saw the beginnings of colour in the distant. I had to dress really quickly and drive as fast as I could (within the speed limit) to get to the park in time. I just made it as the sun was beginning to peek over the horizon.


On the subject of changes, there is one coming to our family. I wrote a few weeks ago about son having an interview in Baton Rogue, Louisiana. He finally heard from them and he got the job and has accepted it! I am both excited for him and a little sad. It will be a big change and it is a long way away - 1020 miles away. I am trying to look on the positive side and see that it will be a another new place to explore and photograph. When I was talking to Mum about it she told me how she felt when I decided to move away. We hadn't ever talked about it before. Then she told me that she thought of it a sign that she'd done her job right and that I wasn't tied to her apron strings and unafraid to fly the nest and explore. I'm trying to go forward with that attitude.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

6 comments:

  1. Your mom was right, you and she did your jobs correctly so your children can fly the nest, but it still tugs at heart strings to watch them explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful sunrise! Congratulations to your son on his new job! Yes, it is hard when the children fly the nest, but, that is what we want for them, isn't it? I like your mum's perspective. Besides, as you say, it will be another new place to visit! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo- amazing colours.
    Yes,another place to visit rather than 1,000 miles away.

    Wish we changed our clocks now - it would work as it's light enough in the mornings

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning photo - it comforts the heart, doesn't it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the thing I need to do ... find a good location to photograph a sunset. Your photo is wonderful and has inspired me to get myself organised.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First beautiful sunrise. Second, congratulations to your son. Yes, think of all the cool swamp, spanish moss hanging from trees, water fowl, old historical buildings...so many ideas for pictures. Your mom is a wise one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.