Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Saturday

 At least I'm remembering to post! And I have left comments on blogs. Gasp!

I went for a walk by myself this morning. Husband had slept elsewhere in the house last night to give me a break from his snoring and he slept in late. I thought I'd give him a break and just go out by myself. I'm glad I did go out. I thought about staying in. The morning was cool, but sunny to start and the combination of sunrise and mist on the field was really beautiful. 

Some of my phone photos from this morning















When I got back, husband and I went to do a little food and household shop. Spent too much, but we were out of a lot of household products and those aren't cheap! I do need to stop at the dollar shop next week as there are a couple of items I need from there too. We also stopped to look at some furniture. I would like a smaller table for the dining room. We have a nice one now, but it's one of the higher ones with six chairs and we really need a smaller, lower one. This one hurts my back and my legs don't touch the floor (I'm actually quite tall) and now that I am getting older it isn't nearly as comfortable as it was! We didn't end up buying one, but we saw one we wouldn't mind. We also looked at new mattresses. We really need one. I am sure the one we have contributes to aches and pains we both have and we don't find it comfortable. However, I feel like Goldilocks trying them out - too hard, too soft, too bouncy etc. Sigh. 

We did end up buying a bird bath. Not on the list lol. And a little pricey. But we've been talking about getting one for a while and none really jumped out at me. Husband found this one and I really like it!



I'm sure it will take a little while for the birds to get used to it. I did see a male Cardinal on it taking a drink, but then it started raining and well, that was the end of that! 

Tomorrow, if it doesn't rain, husband and I are planning a walk. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. After the walk tomorrow I'm going to work on lists for the week. 

1 comment:

  1. Such lovely photos from your walk this morning! Very cute birdbath! I'm sure the birds will enjoy it, once they find it. Good luck shopping for the furniture you want. I want to get new sofas for the living room, but, I haven't started shopping for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.