Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2024

Definitely Back to Normal - Back From Camping

I don't really know where time has gone! I posted last Sunday, thought I'd post the next day and by the time I know it another week has passed!

We went away Wednesday to camp over the 4th July holiday. Not sure why I planned that. We just got back from the last one. This one was quite relaxing, just husband and I, one campground and we didn't go far when we were there. I did quite a bit of reading, watched sunrises and sunsets and generally had a relaxing time. We did go to a National Wildlife Refuge that was sort of nearby, but that was the only place we went. The weather actually turned out a lot better than forecast. When I looked just before we left to go, rain was forecast for all day Friday, heavy showers and showers on Saturday. We did have a little rain on Friday, but it wasn't much and it was over by about 1.30pm and didn't even start until after 10am! There was no rain on Saturday. I had been planning on catching up on sleep Friday, but I got up for the sunrise. I'm actually quite tired now so it will be an early night. 

This was our last camping trip until the middle of October when we go up north to see Autumn colours. We are going to meet up with daughter, son-in-law and baby A at the end of the month and next month I'm off to England to visit my sister for three weeks. It's turning out to be a busy summer!







The mini-cabin we stayed in. 

And a video of a lovely sunset. This was gorgeous. It was on Friday. I sometimes think that the days where there have been clouds and a bit of rain sometimes make the best sunsets



I'm playing catch-up again! 

6 comments:

  1. It looks so very lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Glad you had such a relaxing camping trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy and enjoyable. Ours is busy but not much fun at the moment - not something we can control, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully things will get better soon

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.