Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Hazy Summer Days Flying By

The days seem to be flying by. I feel as though I keep saying that, but they really are. Life is plodding along and sometimes just plodding along is good enough. I've been out for my walks, taking photos, cleaning house, doing a bit of sorting and doing some Ebay things. Most days are fairly warm and even those that aren't seem to be quite muggy. I can deal with the heat, but it's that mugginess that drives me crazy. 

We had rain most of the day yesterday, lots of rain. It seems as though it's been quite a wet year. I was trying to find averages and such but couldn't manage it. I did find something that said we got a little over 3 inches of rain yesterday! Some places here got almost six inches! I was surprised how quickly it all dried up though. When I went for my walk today, I was expecting lots of puddles, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. 

It was a foggy morning though, but once that fog burned off it was quite hot. 






Tomorrow is another walk, this time with my friend. Then I have to make a run to the post office. I have already packaged up everything I have to and purchased postage so all I have to do is drop them off. My son is still on four 10-hour days so he'll be home tomorrow, and I think husband is going to get home early so I doubt I'll get a lot done. I am going to make a list as they seem to work well with me. 

I still need to work on time management as I really struggle with it. I know that I can be more productive, but actually doing it I find a struggle. Sigh

4 comments:

  1. Such pretty pictures! It looks very peaceful and serene. It sounds like you got quite a bit done! It's hard to be productive when it is hot and muggy. The weather drains one of energy! Hope you get your list done, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely find that the heat zaps my energy. It doesn't help that as soon as you start moving a lot you start sweating!

      Delete
  2. Your photographs today are very atmospheric. It's difficult to capture fog, I think, and always pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fog. I find it really peaceful and calming, though it can be quite eerie too!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.