Pages

Monday, July 8, 2024

Monday

I always find it a bit of a struggle to get back into the normal routine when I'm coming back from a holiday, even a mini-break. I got up early, went for a walk with my friend, ran a couple of errands, came home started wash and tried to tidy up the house again. 

I've been having a lot of cramps in my legs again. I'm not sure if it's the heat or sitting for a long time in the car. I've been trying to drink lots of water, but drinking lots of water then requires lots of trips to the loo. I'm hoping the walk today helped.

Tomorrow will start with a walk, some housework and then, because I don't have to go anywhere else I want to get going on some more sorting. I was rather pleased last week when I sorted out another 16 books! There are still many, many more to go, but I do think I'm getting a handle on the book hoarding. I have even managed to curtail any book buying. I admit to buying a couple at the thrift shop, but I haven't bought any new ones for a while - even though the authors I like have come out with more. I tell myself they will still be there when I have room for them OR they are on sale for my kindle. 



I wish it was a little cooler so I could go up in the craft room. I might pop up for a little bit and do maybe thirty minutes of sorting and then move onto something else. It's not like there isn't anything else that needs sorting! I do want to go through my wardrobe again as I'm sure there are a few things I haven't worn, and I'd like to get rid. I find myself wearing the same comfortable things over and over and there are some bits I haven't worn for a while and don't see myself wearing. I'd like to get at least two boxes of donations for this month. 

Do you have decluttering goals for July? Is it an ongoing process or do you like to do a huge declutter in one go? 

Back tomorrow

6 comments:

  1. I think you are doing a great job, getting back to your regular routines after being on vacations. Well done on the book decluttering! I did very little decluttering while daughter was visiting, but, I do have a goal of 31 items decluttered in July. I'm also going through my closet and donating the items that don't look good on me or I don't wear for one reason or another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward to seeing your decluttering efforts. It will help keep me motivated!

      Delete
  2. I know just what you mean about wearing the same favourite clothes. My wardrobe needs a good sort through too. Hammering down with rain here and I'm contemplating putting a jumper on. Have fun in your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the rain clears up soon. Supposed to rain all day here tomorrow as we are getting the remnants of the hurricane travelling up through the country

      Delete
  3. Well done on the decluttering. I'm a procrastinator so nothing much gets done and the house is a tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a procrastinator too lol, but I'm trying...

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.