Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Weekend

It's going to be a quiet weekend here. I feel as though we need a bit of time here at home and, to be honest, I can't be bothered to go too far. We'll be off to meet up halfway with daughter and her family in a week and a half and then mid-August I'll be off to England for three weeks, so I feel a weekend at home is needed. 

I did get up and go for a walk this morning. It was lovely and quiet and pleasant until the sun came up over the horizon and everything heated up. When that happened I moved and sweat (did you really want to know that lol). The humidity is just horrible. Even now, at almost 9pm at night the humidity is 70%. Ugh. The heat I can deal with but the humidity just drains me! I came home, relaxed a bit and got some listings done. I'd made a pile of things I wanted to get listed to sell and I got them all done! Yeah! That feels quite productive for a Saturday.

Tomorrow I am turning off my alarm. Not sure I'll sleep a lot later. I keep waking up as it's just too hot and I feel all sticky. Still, I won't be jumping out of bed at the sound of an alarm or rushing anywhere tomorrow. In fact, I'm really not quite sure what I am doing tomorrow. I really feel in the mood to cross stitch, but I can't remember where I put the project I was working on! Grrr. One day I might be organised. lol. 

Photo for the day - on my walk today I came across another walker who told me about a baby skunk on the trail (in the direction I was going). I gave it plenty of room and took some photos with my big camera. I kept an eye out for Mama too! I really didn't want to get sprayed! I have heard it is not easy to get Skunk spray out lol



Isn't it adorable? From afar, at least lol

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. 

6 comments:

  1. The skunk is so sweet - a perfect little miniature. Very wise to steer clear. I suppose the babies can spray, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was adorable, sort of like the one in Bambi. This is really the closest I've ever been to a skunk and my first baby one. I looked it up and apparently they can spray too!

      Delete
  2. Oh, that baby skunk is really cute! Too bad that they can spray you with that stinky stuff!
    It's the humidity that gets to me, too. Right now, it is 70% humidity here, too. But, it has cooled off to 70F, so that's quite comfortable.
    I hope you enjoy a peaceful weekend at home. Maybe you'll be able to find your cross stitch project and work on it a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was adorable, but phew, that smell. I wouldn't want to try to get rid of it! Still haven't found up the cross stitch project. Maybe tomorrow. It's supposed to be cooler here tomorrow so maybe I'll be able to get up in the craft room and look.

      That humidity is horrible. It was over 90% humidity here this morning. Yuck

      Delete
  3. I guess we are lucky not to have skunks over here - I gather it is the worst smell ever and, as you say, it's hard to love that smell. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really bad. I wouldn't want to try to get it off me. They are lovely looking animals though. I suppose it is a deterrent to anything that might attack them!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.