Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Mid-Week - On the Hamster Wheel of Life

The title says it all, sometimes I feel as though I'm on a hamster wheel and not really getting anywhere. 

I'm not really done that much about the house. Usual household stuff. I've popped a few things into the charity box, but I've not really been productive. I've been struggling with the heat and humidity. It's supposed to break tonight. Here's hoping. 

I've been battling with a little red (American) a pain in the bum  squirrel. He's been climbing up the pole and eating all the grape jelly/jam that is for the Baltimore Orioles. He is the only squirrel that does this. The rest of them leave it alone. He must have a sweet tooth. Yesterday I spent far too much time trying to keep him off it. I finally ended up putting it on another pole that had a squirrel baffle on it (not my photo picture below)




I had to take down another feeder to do that and the birds were not happy. I ended up getting another baffle and returned the Oriole Feeder to its rightful place. Me 1, Squirrel 0

I'm so easily amused lol



Lovely sunrise walk this morning. 

7 comments:

  1. I like the post title! :D As a Buddhist, I believe in the Wheel of Life, which is an endless repetition of birth and death. :)
    Yay! You won that round with the squirrel!
    Lovely sunrise photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love sunrises, when I can get up that early. Unfortunately, the squirrel is still trying to thwart me.

      Delete
  2. Hope that squirrel is suitably baffled!
    We have sun in Suffolk - hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister said there's been some summer this week! I Hope it holds on until I come though I doubt it lol. Squirrel is sort of winning the war!

      Delete
  3. Squirrels are endlessly entertaining and enterprising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally frustrating too lol. I've spent too much time on that squirrel this week!

      Delete
  4. I wonder how long he will remain baffled. They are clever little so and so's (do I need an apostrophe here - it didn't look right without one?), squirrels are. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.