Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Blah

I think I would have just preferred to have slept through the start of this week. I would have rather buried my head beneath the covers and pretended it didn't happen. Sigh. Some weeks are like that, aren't they? I feel like a hamster on a wheel running and running and getting nowhere. Perhaps it's just the mood I'm in. I shall ride it out and hopefully it will pass.

That's my whinge/whine.

I am getting through books. There are several I thought I would fancy reading but started them and then decided I'd rather not so instead of being put away again they are in the to-be-donated pile. The amount of books in the house does not seem to be going down though I'm sure it is. I have some to pick up from the library (from the non-shopping spree I had the other week). I have some more to donate too but the library shop isn't accepting donations this week as they are having one of their large book bag sales this Saturday so I suppose the volunteers are busy sorting through the books they have. I think it's about $3 for a bag of books that you choose! I shall refrain from going. It's just too busy. I don't like crowds. I suppose it's a good thing as I shan't be picking up any more books lol.

I keep hoping I'll have some crafty things to show you but I really can't summon up the energy. It's been so hot recently that my room upstairs is very hot and I really don't want to turn on the air conditioning at this time of year. Things should have cooled down, but so far they haven't. The nights are cooler as are the mornings, but the days have been so hot. I sat out for a bit on the back porch this afternoon and got bit by several mosquitoes. Sigh. I am beginning to think about holiday gifts - yes I know it's early but I need to not leave it until the last minute this year (I say that every year lol).

I hope everyone is having a good week. Thanks for all the comments. I do read them. I thought about turning off the moderation thing and then got two spam comments so have kept them on.


Picture for today - this is one I was playing around with. I took it on my regular camera, sent it to my phone and then extremely edited it. I am still sorting through some of the others I took from Sunday. The waves were really wild and made me smile.


12 comments:

  1. That's a great picture!

    Yes, I think there are weeks like that, when we feel blah. I've been feeling a bit like that, myself. As I told one of my friends and my daughter, too, it's almost a year since I officially retired and I feel like I really didn't accomplish anything much in that time! It's cooling off a bit, here, but we are still in the upper 80s. Once it gets down to the 70s, I'll probably complain it is too cold! LOL. Hope the rest of the week goes well. What are your plans for the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had such plans when I stopped working but sadly haven't accomplished many of them. I did learn to use my camera properly but tend to get sidetracked by it!

      We usually go out on Sunday but it looks like rain - even north and west lol. I think it will be a soggy day! Hope you have a good weekend.

      Delete
  2. That's a super photo/picture.
    I think these down spells happen from time to time for no particulkar reason and they can be hard to handle, especially when one is usually upbeat and positive. Hoping your spirits lift too,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think you might be suffering from post holiday blues Sharon? It's not like you to be down for so long.
    I hope you start to feel more like yourself soon.
    Big Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be. I always find it tough to get back into the swing of things. I miss mum but I'm trying not to dwell on how long it will be before I see her again. It gets harder each year.

      Delete
  4. From a photo into a painting! very clever

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you are not feeling at your best. What an amazing job you have done with the photo, that would be amazing framed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all done by the phone. I wish I could paint half that good! I am going to try out some photoshop creations - it's one of my winter projects.

      Delete
  6. I have been having more weeks like that than I care to admit. My new excuse is "it must be menopause" LOL. I know what you mean about the spam. I delete dozens at a time .... why? My daughter wanted to comment on my post, but couldn't...I don't even know how to fix that. Oh well. I like the picture and the one on instagram too. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll try that excuse lol. It is getting to be that time and I think it doesn't help my moods being all over the place more than they were before!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.