Pages

Friday, September 20, 2019

Thank you for the kind messages on the last post. I think it's a bunch of things just all coming together at once. I have decided that I will try to look for at least something that makes me smile each day. On Instagram I follow a hashtag #101thingsthatmakemesmile. I am going to try to keep that in mind.

Anyway the rest of the week has flown by. It's Friday again. I was looking forward to going out on our usual Sunday jaunt, but it looks like rain, a soggy day all round Michigan (at least the parts we can get to in a few hours!). Perhaps I shall make sure and do something crafty - haven't done any of that for a while! We will be seeing our middle son on Sunday afternoon. His birthday is on Monday when he will turn 28. Yikes! Where did those years go?

I did go to the library today. I made sure to go before the book shop in the basement opened so that I wouldn't even be tempted to buy books. I had several books to pick up from my not-shopping-spree from the week before. I think there are three more on hold - hopefully no-one will return them for a while as I have more than enough to read.


I did return two books that I had read, but I still have two more that I picked up last week. I shall have to start reading faster!

Yesterday while I was out walking I spotted a little chipmunk in the park. It was up quite high in the bushes. I couldn't help watching as it tried to eat the little buds on the bush. I could have stood watching for ages. They are such funny little animals. The ones in my garden are coming closer and closer each day trying to get peanuts. I shared a photo of it on Instagram but thought I'd share a different one here as it certainly made me smile today when I was looking through the photos I took yesterday.


Books and funny animals - that's enough to make anyone smile! Hope you have a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. That is a very cute picture of the chipmunk! I guess they are all trying to fatten up in preparation for the winter that is coming! Looks like you are all ready for a cozy weekend of reading and maybe crafting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so cute. No wonder you were fascinated.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, books, funny animals and a craft project what could be better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.