Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

It was a holiday weekend here in the states this week which throws my whole week off. I kept thinking Monday was Sunday and I keep thinking today is Monday. Sigh. I have to remember that it is Wednesday tomorrow - Mum's birthday. I shall be ringing her later at night as she is going out with my sisters during the day.

I have most of my holiday stuff put away. I bought more than I thought. Now I have to get back on the no-spending wagon. I really need to start saving some more money as the holiday funds are all but depleted. We have one more mini-trip coming up mid-November - a autumn colour trip in the U.P.

Today I thought I'd share a few photos of my travel journal before I put it up in my craft room ready to use when I do Mum's photo album. I had this book at my Mum's from last year so I ended up using it. I got through more tape than I imagined, so I ended up buying some at my favourite shop The Works. It was only one pound! It looks to be the same stuff I buy here and easily pay 3 pounds for!

I really love making these. It's such a good way to hold onto memories and store all those bits I used to hold onto and never do anything with. I kept all my tickets, bought some postcards and picked up brochures.





10 comments:

  1. It's a brilliant way to hold on to memories and you are so good at them - lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of stuff that needs to be put into scrapbooks but there just aren't enough hours in a day and I don't have anywhere I could set it all up to be able to leave it and go back to it. So there it sits in boxes :(
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was always my problem. I'd drag everything out to the table and have to put it all away again. I do have my craft room now so I'm not sure what my excuse is anymore lol

      Delete
  3. The journal looks great, what a wonderful thing to have, to store the memories and to pull out and enjoy later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your travel journal/scrapbooks! Wish a happy birthday to your Mum from me, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy your ability to keep up with these journaling books. I gave up on mine in late January...I always start out strong on these types of things, but fizzle out....I try to be diligent, really I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is about the only time I keep up with them! It's only because otherwise all the bits end up everywhere. I'm not so good at it the rest of the time lol

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.