Pages

Monday, September 16, 2019

Weekend

The weekend didn't turn out too badly. We went for a quick walk Saturday morning. It was quite quiet at the place we walked - really quiet. There weren't even many animals around. We heard the loud sounds of a couple of Sandhill Cranes flying overhead and we saw a glimpse of a Pileated Woodpecker, but they both flew by too quickly to get photos. I did manage some lovely lake shots. We don't walk there often, but when the leaves start to change the trees are just beautiful so we will be going back.

I did manage to Skype with Mum on Saturday. She's been having problems with it but my sister looked at it again and managed to get it working and show mum what to do. It was nice to see her.

Sunday we took a trip to the lakeshore. There were some really wild waves. I haven't sorted through photos yet but I managed to get a few. Husband found a spot that was dry sand up between some rocks that afforded a lovely view. Really enjoyed it.

Now it's the beginning of a new week. I'm feeling a little blah. Not quite sure what is up. I know that there are things that need to get done, but I'm lacking energy and ambition. I have sorted through a few books and have started another bag to go the library bookshop. I hope to have it filled by the end of the week. There are still so many to read, but I'm managing to let go of some that I am still interested in reading, but think they are low down on the list.

Who saw the lovely moon over the weekend? I managed to catch a few glimpses Friday night/Saturday morning. My garden doesn't have the best view, but I managed to stretch on tiptoes and half hang off the porch after midnight to catch a couple of photos.



5 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos. IT certainly was a beautiful full moon this timee.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend, Sharon. Great photos of the moon, too! I'm glad you were able to chat with your Mum. She must be missing you.

    Getting back to the daily routine even after a weekend off is hard. For you, it must be even harder, after being on holiday for several weeks. You made a good start with your books for donation. I find it hard to let go of books before I read them and, often, even after I've read them, so I admire you wanting to have the bag of books filled by the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous moon pictures Sharon.
    Sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit blah. Hope you get back on track soon.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have had a lack of energy and some other little things that were puzzling me. I believe mine is due to the stage of life I'm in...or at least that's what I'm blaming them on. I didn't see the moon over the weekend, but last night it was cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking that might be some of it. My moods seem to be up and down like crazy - more than normal. It's certainly getting to be that time for me!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.