Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2019

September

I can't believe it's already September! The summer went by just too quickly!  I am caught up with my washing and unpacking but I'm taking the weekend to just relax before trying to get back into the groove again. It's always a job to get back into the swing of things especially as I've been away for so long!

It's back to the usual with Mum again - Skype on Saturdays, phone call on Wednesdays. It's her birthday on Wednesday. I gave her presents before I left. It's always difficult to know what to get her - she gets so many smellies from my sisters - but I know that she loves to read just as much as me so I got her a couple of books that she wanted (a hardback and a paperback) and then got her a GC from a bookshop. She really enjoys buying some of the news books that the shop sometimes have at half off. With the colder weather coming she'll spend more time indoors reading so I know she'll be putting it to good use! This coming Wednesday is her birthday. She'll be going out for the day with my sisters and for a meal. I'll ring her later in the night.

I have a few September goals :-

* continue to sort some books. I did bring some back with me so I need to continue to purge. I know that I'm not the only one that struggles with this. Even my mother, who doesn't hold on to many things, tends to hold onto books as though they are old friends.

* spend little/wisely

* cook down foods in freezer. I'll have to take a good look at what they used while I was gone and use up some of what they didn't use. The cupboards do seem quite full!

* do some tidying/sorting. I want to let go of some more things. Also bring less in.

* sort through England photos. I'd like to get an album of Dorset done for Mum for Christmas (yikes!)

My photo share for today. Punch and Judy show. When we were on our holiday in Dorset (Weymouth) we saw a Punch and Judy show on the beach. It brought back so many memories. I actually persuaded Mum to sit and watch a while. I remember it was a treat to watch when we were kids. The one seaside place we used to go to the Punch and Judy was set up on the part of the beach where (obviously) the tide didn't come up, but on the rest of the beach we would move up and up as the tide came in!


Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your Mum on Wednesday! May she continue to enjoy good health.

    I don't think I've ever seen an actual Punch and Judy show, in person!

    Sounds like you've plenty to do to keep you busy in September! Hope you have a good month ahead of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the perfect English seaside sky in that photo - lovely!
    It's funny and also comforting how quickly things shake back into normal again, isn't it?
    Good luck with your September goals.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting back into the routine is hard to do, after such a nice vacation. I agree the summer flew....by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen a punch and judy like that for years!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.