Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Sunday

Tomorrow is middle son's 28th birthday. I'm not sure where the years have gone. It just seems like yesterday when he was a little boy with curly blond hair (hair shorter so not curly and definitely not blond anymore!). He came to visit today and we had cake and presents. He might stop over tomorrow but he has plans with some friends so we shall see.

Husband is not feeling well. He came down with something on Friday and spent most of the day hacking and generally feeling yucky. I'm hoping he won't pass anything on to any of the rest of us! I do hope he feels better soon. He probably won't take any extra time off work. It just isn't him.

I'm trying to remember to write more things down in my planner. Ha-ha. As most of you know I'm not that much of a planner, but I'm hoping that writing things down will get more things done. We shall see how that goes. It is supposed to cool down a little this week - I certainly hope so as it has been waay too hot recently. I am (not so patiently) waiting for Autumn.

Something that made me smile this weekend. Skype actually cooperated and I got to 'see' Mum. It's like going to visit and having a nice chat over a cup of something warm. I really like this photo I took of her this summer. I wish we could actually visit each week. It would certainly be fun!


5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your son! The years do go by quickly, don't they? I hope your husband feels better soon and no one else gets sick.

    Hope writing down things in the planner will help. I've been writing down appointments in my calendar and a small pocket planner I carry in my purse, but, I have been wondering about getting myself a regular planner, for next year. I think it might help keep track of various things I have to do.

    That is a lovely photo of your Mum, in a sea of flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be lost without skype, we use it to keep in touch and keep the relationship going with our Grandchildren. Birthday wishes for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been too wet here. Rain, rain, rain. Such a sweet picture. I'm sure it's tough living here and her there. Skype is amazing tool to use, could you imagine not having technology. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get What's app....I use it to talk and text my U.K. kids all of the time. Video, too....I can call them from anywhere..for free!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.