Pages

Monday, September 30, 2019

Last Day of September...

Yikes. Tomorrow will be October. I need to start keeping on track with things. I had planned on doing little goals each month but that seemed to have slipped by when I was away for so long this summer and busy doing other things SO it is time to get back on track.  I find it really difficult to keep to goals. Sigh. Seems like I'm the only one. I can only try my best.

* Eat from the freezer and cupboards as much as possible. I have been doing quite well with this, but both are pretty well packed and need to be used up. I find it easier if I have meals planned so I shall make that a part of this one.

* No books at all. I can borrow from the library but no buying them at all. This will be an extremely tough one for me. It's my go-to shopping thing when I get stressed.

* Get rid of at least 31 books - one for each day of the month. This really worked when Bless issued the challenge a few months ago so I'm doing it again!

* No craft purchases EXCEPT if something is needed specifically for a holiday project gift. I am going to make sure I do not have the item on hand before purchasing.

* Clean up my craft room. The above item will be easier to achieve if I can actually see what I've got!

* Start holiday projects - I *think* I have the blank calendar needed to do my Mum's (I'm pretty sure I bought two last year as sometimes they are difficult to find). I can at least get started on the calendar by having all the months/days written in and at least background paper added. It's a completely blank calendar so every date has to be filled in. I also have lots of things to make Christmas cards so those will be able to be done.

* Clear out seasonal clothes AND take the bag of stuff to the charity shop (there is still a pile waiting to go!)

It doesn't seem that much of a list, but it's all that comes to mind as I am sitting here typing. I might add more to it. These are definitely things that I want to get done AND need to be reminded of them. Perhaps if I write them down so I can see on them and have to report on progress it might help me stay on track.

Anybody have October plans? Things they want to achieve?

After all that, the smile for today is another chipmunk. Still feeling a little down (for a variety of reasons) but watching these little creatures always brings a smile to my face.




8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your plans for October. I'm hoping to complete the decluttering in October; I am struggling to complete the last bit and I need to focus on the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be quite a while until I finish. I seem to take two steps forward and one back. Sigh

      Delete
  2. Excellent goals for October, Sharon. No, you are not the only one who struggles with achieving the goals. I haven't done my September review, yet, but, I know I didn't accomplish half of what I wanted to, this month! But, there are months like that and we just have to give ourselves credit for what we did manage to achieve and go on from there. Love that photo of the chipmunk! Look as those bulging cheeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all these same feelings. I think mine is realted to my age...not to mention the fleeting hot flash or night sweats. I can NOT believe it is October. I had so many plans on "reclaiming" for my word of the year. I did do some, but not as many as I imagined. I am excited to go to Door County, WI with my daughters for a weekend of: cooking school, sight seeing, shopping....spending time with them. All we can do is keep working and crossing off things on our lists...good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's part of my problem. I have good days and then not good days. I hope you have fun!

      Delete
  4. I think that sounds like plenty to do on your list. Maybe I will aim to buy no books this month, that would be a rare occurance for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes - me too! Books are my problem. I suppose there could be worse things

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.