Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

New Week

Thanks for all the comments on the photos. We had to do a set of black and white and a set of colour photos. I got through it. Apparently my experience wasn't the same as everyone else's as they all enjoyed the experience! Perhaps I was just overthinking it. However, I don't think I'll be doing it again. The rest of the group decided on Saturday night that they weren't taking anymore photos so when husband and I went out on Sunday I was able to relax and enjoy the day just taking photos of what I wanted lol. I definitely do work better alone.

On to a new week - I'm not sure what this week will bring. I really want to do some sorting and tidying but am struggling to know where to start. There is a growing pile of things by my comfy chair that need to be sorted and put...somewhere. I just have to figure out where they go. Seeing the stuff certainly helps me realise that I don't 'need' to buy anything else - it also helps stop me buying things as I stop and think about whether I really need something and where would I put it? I was tempted on Saturday to buy more books (my go-to thing to buy when I'm feeling down) and I actually had them in my cart on Amazon. I took a deep breath and decided that instead of buying them I logged onto my library website and 'shopped' on there putting a hold on several of the books in my Amazon cart. Lol. I might be doing more of that. I know that I don't need more books but at least these ones will be returned somewhere at the end of me reading them.

I think summer is having its last hoorah. It's supposed to be quite hot for the next few days. I had thought about taking out the window air conditioners, but will hold off a few more days. The mornings are definitely cooler now which is quite nice. With the cooler nights it seems the animals know that winter will be coming soon. The chipmunks are out in force trying to snag peanuts to take back to their burrows. I would love to have a peek inside and see how many they are storing! Along with the chipmunks we've been having some raccoons coming into the garden. They are supposed to be nocturnal but there are a couple that seem to wait until I've put things out in the morning before coming out to eat. I am waiting later and later - I feel quite sorry for the birds.

This is one of the raccoons.


This one isn't scared of me at all. The other runs away as soon as I get near, not this one. It just looks at me. Sigh. I'm not sure what we're going to do about them. They are really cute, but they can be pests too. Luckily they have not discovered the rubbish bins.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. He is super cute! We have a family of them living in the dumpsters at my condo and they are super cute too. I would never try to pet one though because when they fight it sounds like the Devil himself! HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the raccoon has a peanut in its paws! I occasionally have raccoons coming to eat the cat food I put out for the garden cats.

    Well done on "shopping" the library! That's what I do! I have stopped buying books and just borrow from the library. It's cheaper, for one thing, and I don't have to find room for them on my shelves or make the hard decision to give them away!

    The sorting and tidying never ends, does it? Sometimes, getting started is the hardest step. What do you have in the pile by your chair? Books? Sewing projects? I have books, some paperwork, and knitting projects by my chair! Oh, and an empty tea cup! Maybe I should do some tidying up, myself! Hope you have a good week, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no, looks like I deleted my comment!

    Love the photo of the raccoon! I have some who come to eat the cat food I put out for the garden cats!

    Well done on shopping the library for the books! That's what I do, too. :)

    What's in the pile by your chair? I've some books, some paperwork, knitting, and an empty tea cup and saucer! I think I should do some sorting and tidying, myself!

    Hope you have a wonderful week, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for using the library. I don't know about your war but round here they are becoming rather an endangered species and need support.
    Today's forecast to be rather a dismal day here - enjoy your last fling of summer.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister-in-law bottle fed some small racoons that lost their mama, like 8 years ago. She now has "fed" generations of their offspring. They are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photograph, its amazing that you can get close enough o get such a great snap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.