Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Another Day

Husband decided he wanted a day in today. I think that going to work everyday with the restrictions and how on edge everyone is can be tiring. I decided to go off on my own. I took my usual weekday walk. It was supposed to be cloudy today and although chilly it was pretty sunny. I had a lovely walk. I was still out early though not as early as my weekday walks and it was pretty quiet.

I Skyped with Mum. Her computer decided to do updates so it was a little while before we could connect, but in the end we managed it. She's doing okay. I think it will become a little more difficult to be inside once the weather warms up. It's usually a four day weekend in England for the Easter holiday and usually she would be going to church and my sister's for a meal. Not this year. Usually good weather at Easter is a hit and miss but this year the weather where she is looks to be really nice - and nobody can go out in it!!!!

I sat in the garden for a little while this afternoon, stitched and worked on some photos. The days do seem a lot longer and sometimes really drag on. I do feel a little better when I watch something other than television programmes with adverts as they all seem to do with the virus. I watch television to escape! It's almost as bad as the political ads - I'm sure they'll start up soon too! Virus and political ads - ack! I think Netflix will be getting more use than ever and I shall watch some really weird shows just to avoid them.

Here's my cross stitch - not a lot of progress but I hope that by posting I'll keep going on it. Mum has asked me to stitch a card for my sister's 40th wedding anniversary in September so that shall be my next project - if I can find a design!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, that's pretty! You do such neat work! I hope you find a nice design for your sister's card. Hang in there, Sharon. Hopefully, by summer, all this will be behind us. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to avoid all the TV chat and ads about the virus so have been sticking to Netflix and YouTube for my entertainment. I just watch the government briefing every day for an update on the UK situation but the rest of the time I aim to forget and do the best to keep myself occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what your husband means, I've not been out, but since my husband is an essential, he does. The factory where he works did give every employee a rather large bonus for "working during" other than that he said most coworkers are getting "short" with each other. I have helped with my little grand 1 day a week so that our daugher can do her video calls. She does most of them when she is napping. They are coming over today. It'll be a small meal, without other family here. I did try a new lemon cake recipe, made sugar cookie cut outs. I don't haven any Easter candy for her little basket. However, I do have a stack of books I bought to give to her one at a time....I just added 3 and a bag of cheese crackers I have that she likes. I plan to hide a few plastic eggs with coins in them. Guess what?? We have a winter storm coming today!!! We are in 8-12" or 4-8" depends how the wind blows. I hope you have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.