Pages

Friday, April 24, 2020

Blah

Here's the moan first, then if you get through that (laugh) a bit of crafty stuff.

Just having a bad (expletive) day. This week was going alright. Today our state extended our stay at home order until mid-May except for some exceptions. I know why the exceptions were made - they were political (which really makes me upset). We have to wear masks in enclosed spaces. I feel like I can't breath when I'm wearing one and feel like throwing up (it's a really panicky feeling and something like I feel when I go to the dentist). So now I just feel like crying. Maybe I'll just curl up and go to bed.

Deep breath.

Now for the crafty stuff. My adult son lives with us and buys his own lunch and breakfast foods. The other week he brought home a cereal box that had a cute face on it. I had him save it for me and have been making a mini album cover out of it. He has since bought two more boxes that had different facial expressions - picked them especially lol.




I still have to do inserts for the pages, but I think it turned out well. I know it's not Autumn but I really thought the autumn pages went with the cover. I have forgotten how much I enjoy making these!

Not a lot done on my cross stitch but I have been doing a little bit.


I think tonight I'm going to put on some Jam and Jerusalem as it always makes me laugh and I could do with some of that!

Are you doing any crafty things? Or are you having trouble getting motivated?

I do hope everyone has a good weekend.

7 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) Sharon. Hope you get more comfortable wearing the masks. Otherwise, you might have to avoid any enclosed public spaces!

    That is a really cute cereal box and how nice of your son to buy the boxes especially for you! I like your mini-album and need to go back and read how you made them. Maybe I can try my hand at making one! The eyes on the cross-stitch owl look a bit like the eyes on the cereal box face! :)

    Hope you have a good weekend. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of trying for pickup. I looked before but they only seemed to schedule either today or tomorrow and they were always full. However I checked back today and they now have six days in advance! If I can make a list I might go that way

      Delete
  2. Lots of love and ((((( hugs ))))) on their way to you, Sharon. It is such a difficult time and one never knows how changes are going to affect one.
    I'm really glad you are focusing on things that make you happy. I really love that album. Very clever and creative.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you a hug hoping it will bring some cheer. Love the album, its amazing. I wonder if you would do a step by step I would love to have a go. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might just do that step-by-step. I'll try to photograph the next one as I go along. This was a lot of hit-and-miss until I worked out the dimensions lol

      Delete
  4. Our internet is horrible, I haven't been able to come on blogs. Anyway, the folder/journal is really nice! Our safer at home is end of May. I "get" the mask thing! That is why I couldn't be fitted for a CPap machine....I have one...but, I get too much anxiety to sleep with a mask on....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.