Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

The weather has been all ups and downs. It's making me quite dizzy and my body is finding it difficult to adjust (that may have something to do with my age too lol). One day it's sunny and quite warm, the next it's cold, blustery and snow showers (that was this morning's walk). Spring is definitely in the air though as the buds on the trees are beginning to open. I can't wait until spring does spring and the trees become full of various shades of green. It's a beautiful time of year - when it happens lol.

We went for a walk on Sunday which was quite nice. The sun was shining and it was definitely a little warmer. I can't wait until we can go back to our Sunday adventures and further afield as I feel as though we are walking the same places over and over again. At least we are able to get out.

On the nice days I've been sitting in the garden for a little while and watching the antics of the garden visitors. It's quite fun to watch the different personalities of the birds and the squirrels. I have to admit the favourite of my squirrels are the little red ones we have here. They are so funny. They seem to bounce across the garden and are so speedy. They seem to find goodies everywhere - even the ones hidden by the other squirrels!


This one was hiding up in a tree (looking rather relaxed) as he waits for a couple more squirrels to chase one another. He was certainly patient and bided his time!

Daughter has reported there are six eggs in the nest on her front door! She has purchased a suet feeder and put it up in a nearby tree in her front garden. The dogs don't go out in the front by themselves so this is the best place for it. This isn't the greatest photo but she took it through the front door as it is the best way for them to see the eggs without getting really close and disturbing the birds. The angle is tough but she managed to get it! As you can sort of see it is completely built in the wreath!


I hope everyone had a good weekend! I have some catching up to do - don't I always!

5 comments:

  1. Over here we are revelling in a delightfully sunny spring and the thought of snow showers turns me all shivery. Is this normal where you live?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your daughter will have a front row seat when the babies hatch! How exciting!

    I love that photo of the squirrel - just stretched out and relaxing on the tree branch, watching what the others are doing, not a care in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could they set up a video camera to record the best? That's what my friends did when birds nested in their front porch. They could follow events indoors on the monitor without risking disturbing the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red squirrels are the funniest little things, you are right! The one "sunny" himself on the branch is so cute. I would love to have the bird's eye view of a nest like that! She will have to share pictures with us as the hatch. Thanks for sharing the nest and those are a lot of eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos really lifted my spirits today. The squirrel so relaxed was a joy and the nest a delight.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.