Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Another Week...

Well, the 'lockdown' (??!! - not sure quite what to call it lol) has been extended at least through the end of April. They have now closed all the parks in my city. I understand the reasoning behind this but as they say they are now patrolling and fining people who are in them perhaps they could have patrolled them so that the 'gathering' people didn't get out of control in the first place. The nature preserve I walk in hasn't been closed yet (it is not actually a city park) but I think it won't be far behind as, now that people who were just walking and exploring with their young ones or taking the dog for a nice walk, they will flock to the few that are open. I have been going early in the morning and there aren't too many people around but now that the weather is warming up by afternoon the place is really busy. There are places in the city where you wouldn't want to walk around your neighbourhood. I don't mind doing that on a day when the kids are in school and people at work but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable walking around here now.

I'm having a bad week this week. That's why I haven't written.  I don't want to just keep moaning. I know we're in a lot better position than a lot of people but husband and oldest son (who live with us) are both still working so worried about that too.  I talked to mum today and she sounded a little down so worried about that too.

Deep breath. Chin up.

This morning when I went out it was beautiful. I've been getting up at 6.45 (as soon as the last working guy leaves) and getting out by about 7.15am. I wasn't sure I was going to go that early this morning as it was kind of cloudy and dull. I did and I'm glad I did. There was a little sunshine as the sun was dawning and a mist was hovering above the cooler grass and warmer air (or the other way round lol). It was beautiful and peaceful. I was the only one there as I stood in the field and watched.

This photo was taken with my phone. I did take some with camera but haven't sorted them yet.


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sunrise - nature continues on as normal in our abnormal lives, and I think we can take hope from that. Stay safe, Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's difficult at the the moment. Even if one isn't personally affected all that much, there's always worries about others and about where things are going and where we will all end up.
    It's thing like that gorgeous photo (and the sunrise that inspired it) that cheer us up, I think. Spring really is springing now!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((HUGS))) Sharon. I'm sorry you've been having a bad week. At least a couple of others I've spoken with have said the same thing. But, that sunrise photo is beautiful.

    How is your daughter doing? And your other son? Hope they are both doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you a hug it is difficult when separated by so much distance and normal to worry about these very strange times. Beautiful sunrise, keeping things normal. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are closing parks in WI as well. I do like the sunrise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.