Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Weekend

Weekends seem a little strange now as our normal routines have gone out of the window. I spent Saturday reading, taking photos in the garden (I got distracted by a chipmunk) doing a little crafting and watching television.

I did Skype Mum. I think this is starting to get her down as she is stuck in her flat. She doesn't have the benefit of a garden to sit in and escape or potter about in. She said she is sleeping quite a bit which I don't think is particularly good. She's not a real social butterfly but she does usually go to her women's choir, church and to have a look around town as well as visit with both sisters. She likes getting out at least for a walk when the weather is nicer.

I did watch a fun film last night. I was looking for something different to watch and came across this. It was a little sad, but it was also funny and interesting. Just the thing to keep me entertained.


As I mentioned earlier I did get distracted by a chipmunk. I am sure she (not sure if it is male or female but like to think female lol) is quite adventurous and brave. I caught her running up the pole to the bird feeder (a hanging bowl where I keep peanuts for the blue jays) plopping down in it and eating her fill before leaping from the bowl down the pole and to her hole (somewhere beyond the garden fence). She was really quite magnificent and funny. These are all photos of her.


I hope the photos bring a little smile to your face and cheer you up if you are all alone. Hugs xxx

6 comments:

  1. I will have a look and see if I can find that film. I could do with a bit of light entertainment. I understand how frustrating it much be for your mum. I couldn't imagine being stuck in a flat with no garden to sit in. So long as she stays safe.. that's the important thing right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chipmunk is too cute for words! I like the middle one in the lower row, where she is looking straight at the camera - it looks like she's asking, "What are you looking at? Yes, my cheeks are swollen - I've got mumps!" LOL. The next one with her in the little chair is cute, too - just relaxing in my chair with a peanut snack. :D

    I'm sorry your Mum is having a hard time, having to stay in her flat. My daughter, too, is in a studio apartment on the 3rd floor, no garden space and not willing to walk around in her neighborhood due to virus fears. In addition, she's running low on her stock of sugar, so, she has been looking into delivery and the price they are charging for sugar is astronomical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for your mother, it must be very difficult for her. No doubt she would have enjoyed watching the chipmunk with you, it is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry your mum is finding that this is getting her down. My Dad too, although he does at least have a garden to get out into. Sending cheering vibes.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved seeing the chipmunk. Sending you a hug I know how hard it is to have your parents so far away and not be able to do anything to help. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do believe that those chipmunk pictures could make a book! Adventures of "Chippy" - something like that! We should collaborate...LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.