Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Another Week

Let's talk about the weather...or perhaps we shouldn't. Yesterday it snowed all day. Made me quite sad. I did stay inside, got my jobs done and did some crafty stuff so I suppose not all a waste. Today dawned bright and sunny. We did got for a walk. 


I took this with my phone. Somebody had fun yesterday but by today the snow had gone. You can see the slight tracks where kids must have gone down the hill on their sleds the day before. I haven't accomplished a lot BUT I am pleased to say that I am keeping up with my 366 photo project. I chose the theme of Things That Make Me Smile all taken with my cell phone. I'm really thrilled that I've kept it up this far! I used the above photo for day 109.

I talked with my Mum today. She sounded a bit more cheery - on Wednesday when we chatted she sounded really down. She really, really wants to go outside. She says when this is done she is going to Felixstowe (nearest seaside town) and going for a long walk along the seafront! My middle sister said that when Mum's allowed to go sister will take her out for the day. 

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Thank you for all the comments! I really do appreciate them. 


10 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that snowman! He looks like he's wondering what happened to all the snow! :D

    Well done on keeping up with the 366 photo project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow????
    Nice to see the snowman is socially isolating! Good for him.

    Good news that your mum is more cheerful again. I'm really glad.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Mum was feeling better - I was getting quite worried.

      Delete
  3. Yes, the snow was so depressing! Good job with keeping up with the photos! Today, we are going to "break" the rules and go visit my mother-in-law. She is missing everyone, thing so much! There have been 0 case in several counties north of us and her's is one so we will wear some PPE and take her a pizza and I made chocolate cupcakes. We thought we would only have few more days, but our state is continuing until MAY 26!!! Her spirit won't make it that long without a little "rule breaking"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I felt about my Mum. She is finding it quite difficult to be alone. She's not a social butterfly but she does go to church and choir and does her own shopping so she's finding it difficult to be shut inside all the time.

      Delete
  4. Glad your Mum was feeling a little happier, it is a very difficult time. I smiled at the snow, we enjoyed a lovely sunny day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had glorious sunshine. I hope you managed to stay warm. brrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ups and downs here - Michigan can be like that. People usually joke that when you go out first thing you need a heavy winter coat and by midday you need short sleeves!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.