Pages

Friday, April 10, 2020

Thank Goodness...

...this week is over! It's been a rough one mentally. I'm putting a line through it and planning on starting again next week.

Today was okay. I watched and listened to Jesus Christ Superstar which was the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical that was on this week for the YouTube channel The Shows Must Go On. Yesterday I spent lots of time listening to upbeat musicals while I did some crafting. They made me smile and I guess that's what we're all looking for right now.

Daughter rang me this afternoon and we chatted for a long time while she walked the three dogs (one by one) around her neighbourhood. She was telling me about how she still had her Christmas Wreath on the door and she would have to take it down soon. She took a look at it and there was a bird's nest in it with eggs inside!  I told her that was when you knew you'd left your Christmas wreath up when it's spring and the birds have made a nest in it! Ha, ha. She doesn't want to disturb the nest or the eggs so she's not sure what she's going to do. She's thinking they will probably not use the front door for a little while - most of the time they use their side door which is inside their garage where they park their cars - so it won't be too much of a hardship.

I'm not sure what we're doing this weekend - not that there is a lot of choice lol. We do have to take a drive to son's place so maybe we'll sneak a walk in at a state park near him. He lives a little bit away from us but in a smaller town and although he has been able to find most things he has not been able to find toilet paper. I found some today as I had to go out, and bought it for him. We also have car insurance papers that need to go in his car. He isn't driving to work as he's working from home, but he does go shopping and I'd hate for him to be stopped without the up-to-date papers. There are also a couple of other bits he needed. We won't be going in to visit - just dropping the bits off in his car and let him know they are there - maybe a wave from afar lol.

Photo today is actually a meme from Facebook. This really made me smile!


Hope everyone is keeping their chin up! Have a nice weekend.  I'm not sure a long holiday weekend means anything right now - most weeks seem really long!

12 comments:

  1. Oh I did enjoy a laugh at that social-distancing meme!
    How wonderful to find a nest in the wreath. I would leave the wreath alone until the chicks had left the nest, but it would probably mean the end of the wreath's useful life :)
    Having a long holiday weekend in the middle of a long period at home is rather strange - one day begins to be the same as every other day. Keep safe Mxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think she's given up on it. Luckily it was one she found at a good price. She's going to put up a sign to remind them not to use the front door lol.

      I found the meme funny too.

      Delete
  2. Ha, ha, I guess the birds turned the Christmas wreath into a Spring wreath with the nest and eggs! Too cute! Tell your daughter we want to see a picture! One year, some birds built a nest inside my front porch light!

    I'm sure your son will be happy to receive the TP you managed to buy for him!

    I hope you have a good weekend, Sharon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping she can get some good photos!

      Enjoy your weekend

      Delete
  3. LOL - who knew, eh?
    Morrisons are only opening every other checkout - it's just as well they're limiting how many in or the queues would be awful!
    I enjoyed Superstar too - such fantastic music.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how things were at our shop - I understand it but makes things slower than usual. When I went it wasn't busy at all. I'm trying to go early but after senior hours.

      Delete
  4. I watched Jesus Christ Superstar as well. I'm not sure I liked the grungy staging but the music was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little of a strange production but I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see what they put on next week!

      Delete
  5. Oh that's a good one! Oh my I would tell your daughter that is a "sign" of good luck! I really think it is! I hope she will share some pictures with you so you can with us. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could certainly use some luck! Even before the virus thingy it hadn't been a good year.

      Delete
  6. Hope you have a better upcoming week. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to forget last week and try to be a little more positive and stay away from things that get me down. Stay safe and have a good week xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.