Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Another Day...

Still hot. Still humid. Ugh. I wish there was a little relief, but no. I have been out for an early morning walk, but even that is hot. Other than that I've been staying close to home. I haven't even been sitting out watching the birds (too hot lol). We have a couple of window air conditioners that have been running like crazy. I have been turning the downstairs one off at night. I dread to think what the electric bill will be like, but it's too uncomfortable to sit here without it. As someone said, I think the humidity is worse than the heat.

I have made a start on the cross stitch for my sister. It's coming along nicely. This is my progress so far - before I started stitching today. It's a really nice design I purchased on Etsy. It's pretty simple, modern, but colourful too. It will be my sister's 40th Wedding Anniversary. I struggled to find a design for that many years so was pleased that I found this one.


I did make another mini album. This one was using 6 blank envelopes and cards. I really like the way it turned out. I shall share photos and a link to the tutorial (not by me)  next time. At least I feel as though I'm being productive craft ways!

I also finally got around to taking my library books back. I was dressed in house (comfy) clothes, but I drove down (the long way round as the road is closed), didn't get out of my car and the books are now off my dining room table! They have sat there since just before this Covid thing started. I didn't dare move them in case I forgot where I put them lol.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it is so hot and humid for you; yes, it's the humidity that makes it worse. Glad to hear that the cross stitching is coming along, nicely, and that you've made another mini album. :) Keep those air conditioners going and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop it...I say the same thing...I can't move this item or it will get lost in the rest of my mess....lol. Yes, too hot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.