Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Too Hot Saturday

Yuck. It's very hot and humid today. We're under a heat advisory. Our Saturday walk this morning was early and fairly short. We made sure to take water with us and we were glad of it! Phone photo below.


I Skyped with Mum. We connected really quickly. Poor Mum got a sunburn. She went out yesterday to the seaside with my sister and though she wore sun cream she still got burned on her face! She said it was quite windy down by the sea so I'm sure that was part of it. Also she hasn't spent as much time outside this year as she usually does.

This afternoon I did some more crafting. I have been using up a pack of cards and envelopes that I must have picked up at a sale or something to make some more albums. They are smaller than the ones I originally used to make the last album but it gives me the chance to use up some smaller pieces of paper too. I am really enjoying making these and using up some supplies. This is one of the ones I made.




I have had this paper hanging around forever. I think I'm going to use this one as some sort of nature journal. I think the paper works really well for that.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. May the sun shine and it be nice out but not too hot! Stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is the humidity that makes the heat harder to bear. It can get really hot here, too, but, we don't have the same amount of humidity. As a result, it's more like an oven and less than a sauna! :D

    Lovely photo of the lake!

    Glad you got to visit on Skype with your Mum. Hope her sunburn is not too painful.

    Your mini albums are really beautiful.

    Hope you are able to have a good rest of the weekend, Sharon. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had some really hot weather, haven't you? It this normal for July?

    That's a lovely notebook - such attractive paper.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.