Pages

Monday, July 27, 2020

Happy Walking...Walking...Happy Walk

I feel I got a little bit more accomplished today. I did my regular jobs and did some more sorting. I actually got a few things listed on Ebay too. I am really ready (I think) to get rid of some of this stuff. It's not going to be easy to sort through things I especially like, but I feel the need to lighten myself of some of the things. I would really like to get the house decluttered and feel as though I have some space. At some point (I never thought I'd say this) but I would really like to move. If anything this six months spending more time at home has proved it is that this is not where I would like to end up living. Perhaps it's just a dream, but if it helps in getting things sorted through that's a good thing and, if this is where we end up, it will be with a cleaner and more breathable living space.

Okay - on to day two and the title of this post. What do I enjoy doing? I enjoy walking. It is something that has kept me sane the last six months. Just being able to get out in nature and look around, see the different animals, birds and the changing of the fields as I've walked through them has given me something to look forward to each day. It was a little dicey there for a while. The place I really enjoy walking and is closest to where I live was, for a while, one of a very few spaces open for walking in our city as all the rest were closed. It got very crowded, more trash was left and more dogs off leashes, but things have settled down a little now. During this time I did enjoy seeing people walking with their children who were enjoying nature and looking for frogs, ducks and such. 


My walking boots see a lot of action. They also keep my feet nice and dry!





Some of the lovely wildflowers I see on my walk. Things seem to change so much from week to week. There are flowers that die off and new ones that always seem to be popping up. The change of colours is amazing to watch. I love walking through the field and feeling as though I'm a million miles away from the city when I am in fact in the city. 

How about you? What is it that you enjoy doing? What has helped keep you sane in the last few months? 

12 comments:

  1. I am with you on enjoying walking, my dog Bounce and I take two walks every day. He counts on it and I like it too. I just started painting rocks as a creative outlet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The painting of rocks sounds like fun. Do you keep them or place them in places? Sometimes I see some out on my walk. They really cheer me up!

      Delete
  2. As the song says . . .
    You've got to have a dream
    If you don't have a dream,
    How you gonna have a dream come true?
    (or something similar)
    De-cluttering will give to the time and space to dream your dream and consider whether it is achievable plus it will create happy space for you, whatever your dream.
    Good for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are able to enjoy walking in an area where you can see all the wildlife, both plants and animals. I know I should walk, but, I haven't been doing any, other than a stroll around the garden. What I enjoy doing is, basically, nothing! LOL. I enjoy reading, knitting, watching news programs on TV, sewing, etc. I am fine with staying at home and being by myself. I had a dress rehearsal when I was undergoing chemo - I only went to the clinic, back then, because my immune system was so compromised. Plus, this time around, I am not nauseated all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever makes you happy! You look like you have a beautiful space outside your home.

      Delete
  4. My husband and the love we share for working together on projects. Family and the quizzes and virtual encounters we have enjoyed together on the internet. I love a stroll too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you have things that you enjoy doing together. Husband and I enjoy the walks and adventures we (used to) take on Sundays.

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean, this is not where I want to be. What is your dream? We all have them. I'd love to go back to UK. But couldn't possibly afford a house there. Then I think maybe I'd just rent a little cottage and down size the whole kit and kaboodle, that's doable. But the Mr. is a bit of a stick in the mud. Still one has dreams. I'm glad you have your lovely walks. I also miss the coast, we are two hours away from the shore, but my favorite coast line in US is up in New England and Maine. You have the great lakes. Coming from an island I think you always yearn for the sea. I expect there's a lot of things you feel, that I feel. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments. I can't tell you how much they mean to me. It is nice to know that I'm not alone. I don't think until you're living somewhere completely different you can know how your heart can ache sometimes.

      Delete
  6. I wanted to say in reference to decluttering. We have had great success with Facebook Marketplace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love "field" flowers. You are right, it is an ever changing canvas. I can tell you what month it is just by looking at what is blooming. However, we are about 2 weeks early, in my opinion, with all of the blooms this year. It probably means and early winter. This too, makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.