Pages

Friday, July 10, 2020

Wrapping up Another Week

Well another week over. Feeling a little down today. I should have been on a flight on my way to see my Mum for six weeks. I would have been arriving tomorrow. I haven't cancelled the trip. I rescheduled for next month, but that probably won't happen either. I know I can talk to her, Skype her, but it's not the same. I only see Mum once a year. She'll be 84 in September. If it was just a holiday I would be disappointed but I would be okay with it. I must admit that a little part of me is afraid that I won't see her again. I know there are people in worst spots than me but it still hurts and makes me more than a little sad. I'm trying not to dwell on it.

Deep Breath.

This week has been a hot one! I was actually relieved today when I woke up and it was raining. It made things a little cooler. It's still very humid but it was nice to have some relief. I didn't go for a walk. I didn't go anywhere. I had plans to get up into the craft room but the window air conditioner upstairs packed up a couple of days ago and nowhere in town had a new one (that we could find) so I ordered one from Best Buy to be delivered today. It has arrived and is installed, so maybe tomorrow I'll be able to get up and do some crafting. I did manage to finish the cross stitch meant for my sister. I am really pleased with it! I am hoping Mum likes it. I shall show it to her tomorrow when we Skype.

I also did some messing around with Photoshop. I really want to get the hang of it but it seems so complicated. Although I haven't played with it for a while I did manage to remember how to do some layers and textures (the bare minimum). I ended up with this. It was originally a photo taken on my morning walk.




12 comments:

  1. That is hard to be separated from your mum, especially since she is getting up in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely more difficult each year. I really do enjoy talking/Skyping with her though.

      Delete
  2. I don't understand about layers at all. :-(

    I'm so sorry about your Mum and not being able to see her in the flesh. It's how I felt about Dad. Hoping very hard that next month's planned visit will happen for you both.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((Hugs))) Sharon. I hope you will be able to visit her, next month, and maybe be there for her birthday?

    I'm glad you were able to get a new a/c and have it installed. The photo looks lovely!

    I hope you have a good weekend and enjoy your crafting time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hoping we can see one another then. Husband says whenever I can go I should just go. Had a good weekend

      Delete
  4. I understand how you feel. I'm sorry you can't visit at this time. My mum would have been 91 this year. It's hard having one foot on each continent, I don't think you ever find the balance. I hope you do get to visit with your mum. I would love to be able to go home and see my mum and dad sitting each side of the Rayburn in their little thatched cottage like they used to be. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you. I'm in the same predicament. My Mum is 93 and each time I leave to come back to the U.S. she thinks it will be the last time we see each other. Fingers crossed we can both go home soon. Jo in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I feel. Hope we both get to see them soon.

      Delete
  6. I too feel for you I haven't seen my family, parents and daughters in awhile my heart yearns to give them a hug. Again, like you I am thankful for skype and such but it isn't the same. Here's hoping you can get back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had no internet here for nearly a week. Back on now, thankfully. Understand completely how you feel. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.