Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Mid-Week

It's heating up again. The air conditioner was working overtime today. I am not doing well in the heat. I did go for a walk but when it started to heat up and the sun was beating down I started to feel quite sick. It's been that way for a while when it's been hot. I don't think I'm coming down with anything. I think it's just the heat. Sigh. Once I got home I didn't sit outside. I decided to just stay out of the heat and do some crafty things. My son finished a box of cereal and saved the box for me. There's no cute face on the front but I can use the box for a cover for a mini album.

Here's what's on my craft desk.


On my walks I have been really enjoying seeing the wildflowers. There are so many of them. I am a little saddened that I haven't seen that many bees or butterflies around. It seems there used to be a lot more of them.

This is one of my favourite wildflowers. It is Chicory. The flowers are a lovely blue colour.


From Wikipedia 

Common chicory is a somewhat woody, perennial herbaceous plant of the dandelion family Asteraceae, usually with bright blue flowers, rarely white or pink. Many varieties are cultivated for salad leaves, chicons, or roots, which are baked, ground, and used as a coffee substitute and food additive. 

I have been taking lots of photos of the flowers I do see and though I don't always know what they are I plan to look them up and perhaps put the photos and a description in a mini album. I do have a Michigan wildflower book but I find it quite difficult to use as some of the photos in it aren't the best and some of the flowers look the same! I took photos of some leaves the other day and found out they were Poison Ivy. I had an idea as my husband always tell me 'Leaves of Three, Let it Be'. I didn't get close enough to touch lol.  


I took this one with my phone and shall keep it on there for reference when I'm out walking. There was a lot of it around!

I hope your week is going well. 

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard 'Leaves of three . . .' before. Maybe it is not an English thing?
    The heat can make one feel most unwell, can't it? I'm glad you have air con at home.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely an American thing lol. Still, it comes in handy when you're trying not to get Poison Ivy. Apparently it can be a really horrible rash. I just find it a little confusing and tend to just stay clear of anything with three leaves lol

      Delete
  2. I'm the same in the heat. No matter how much water I drink I feel dizzy and sick, so avoid being outdoors on really hot days.

    I haven't heard 'leaves of three' either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might have felt heat exhaustion, Sharon. Best stay indoors when it is hot and go outside only when it is cooler - very early in the morning or late in the evenings.

    "Leaves of three..." it's a good little saying to remember to avoid poison ivy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.