Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Day 3 - Today's Happy

I had another post planned for today, but daughter called me today and sent me a couple of photos and I realised just how happy seeing photos of her dogs made me smile. I miss them. They really are such characters. I've told daughter to send me some more photos when she gets the chance as they really make me smile.

When daughter first decided to get her husky I wasn't quite sure what to think. I knew they were pretty dogs to look at but they are also big. I wasn't quite sure how I would feel about such a big dog. Would it be scary? Would it jump up on me? Would it bark a lot? Howl? The reality was completely different and such a lovely surprise. Shasta, daughter's rescue dog, is such a beauty. She is big (even for a husky she's a little...well, husky) but she's also very gentle. As she's a rescue we're not sure of her background but I have the feeling that, at one point, she was very loved. She has always sat so nicely when children have asked to pet/stroke her. The same when it is older people. It's as though she senses when people need her to be really gentle. Even though she used to get really excited when she was taken for a walk and pulled a bit if it was icy out and you told her to go slow she would. She absolutely adores daughter. Today while daughter and I were talking Shasta decided she wanted to be a lap dog!


Daughter was trying to take a photo while Shasta was sitting on her lap!

When daughter met her boyfriend through some husky friends another two huskies were added to the mix. The dogs all get along so well. Shasta is the oldest so she has old lady status. The youngest is a little hyper but she seems to bring out the puppy in Shasta sometimes. The middle one doesn't have a lot to do with Shasta, but they do like one another. If the younger one is trying to get Shasta to play too much the middle one will play instead as though she's trying to protect Shasta. They make a lovely family together.


Shasta and the younger one. Daughter says they didn't stay put together for long lol.


This is the middle one. I like to call her Princess as she does like her home comforts. She's the one sitting on a pillow in the living room. She's quite gentle and sweet. She did take a little time to warm up to everyone when we first met but now she loves attention just like the others.

Just thinking about them really makes me smile. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to be able to live with them all the time, but I suppose, like a Nana to children, it's nice visiting or having them visit and knowing someone else has to take care of them. I love getting photos and hearing about their antics but I'm glad it's not me!

4 comments:

  1. The dogs are all beautiful and Shasta sounds really lovely. Thanks for sharing the photos.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty dogs! Their pictures make me smile, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not that fond of big dogs but these three are gorgeous. They must need a lot of exercise, which is the part I'd struggle with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty dogs. The story and pictures made me smile as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.