Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Treat, anyone?

I tried to go for a walk today but it was very drizzly. I ended up giving up. It did mean I was up in the craft room, finished another mini album and got some jobs done around the house. It was actually nice to have a break from the walking, but staying in does make the day seem very long. 

Son came up in the afternoon. He desperately wanted a haircut but didn't feel up to going somewhere to get one. He actually had my husband do it! Middle son usually has a particular style and is quite fussy about it. I think it actually turned out well. Husband did a good job! Son also bought doughnuts. There is a place in town that does different flavour ones. These are not the same thing as doughnuts in England (which I admittedly prefer). Son got himself a Maple Bacon (yuck!) one. Not sure about that one lol. 


He stayed to eat and then headed back. It was nice to see him for a bit. 

I'm hoping tomorrow will be a little brighter and I can take a walk. I have some clothes washing to do tomorrow but the rest of the jobs got done today. I am also hoping to get up into the craft room again. I'm on a roll with the mini-albums. At some point I shall have to fill them, but for now I am enjoying making them and using up all my extra paper!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really like those doughnuts with the maple and bacon topping! They are like eating fluffy pancakes with maple syrup and bacon! Now I am wanting a doughnut! If I may ask, how are they different from the doughnuts in England? I only know the American doughnuts; I just assumed that they were all the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a pancakes/maple syrup/bacon person, probably why I don't get it. English ones (I think) tend to be a little lighter in density with sugar on top and jam in the middle - just enough, not so jam is the only thing you get. I miss them!

      Delete
  2. Bacon and maple sounds very weird!
    I'll stick to our english jam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the English ones as well. I don't quite 'get' the bacon and maple syrup combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't eat one lol. My son liked it though

      Delete
  4. I can't get my head around a savoury doughnut but quite enjoy some of the more exotic ones that are popping up in our supermarkets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.