Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Say Cheese!

Today's thing that makes me happy and brings me joy is photography. I've always enjoyed taking photos but it's only in the last four/five years that I've actually learned how to use my camera properly. Before this I was using the automatic feature on my camera. I am happy to say that I rarely if ever use that function now. If you do and you're happy with it then that's okay. I really wanted to learn what all the buttons were used for and what they all meant but never had the time (or perhaps too many other hobbies to give it a good try!). However I decided that I was going to try to get to grips with my camera (hubby had bought me a really good one). It took a lot of work, a lot of frustration (still sometimes) but I'm really getting the hang of it. I really enjoy taking photos. When I'm out there with my camera I tend to forget about everything else and just see what I can see. My Mum says that now I see things that she wouldn't even think twice about. I think photography has made me more observant. 

In the last few months it has really kept me sane. It's given me time to forget about all that's going on in the world and try to see the beauty all around me. Speaking of which, I don't like Winter in Michigan but getting out with my camera and trying to see the beauty around me has really made me learn to appreciate a part of winter. I'm still learning - seems like there is always something new to learn. There are still so many things I want to learn. When I first started getting out taking photos I was a little weary of taking my camera with me. I felt kind of silly. Now I rarely go anywhere without it. At least in that part of my life I don't care what people think of me. I don't care if they think of me as the crazy lady who is always carrying her camera with her. In fact, I'm pretty sure some people that I see on my walk each day think that of me. 

If you find something that makes you happy, make it a point to get out there and do it.


Me and my camera today on my daily walk, looking for birds and bunnies (of which there were lots!).


I prefer being behind the camera rather than in front of it. This is one I did take of myself. I was holding one of my camera while the other was on a tripod taking a photo of me. I jazzed it up in Photoshop - something I am working on getting to grips with as I like the idea of photography and art. This was certainly a challenge!

Thanks for everyone reading and commenting. Check out Jacky's blog as she's posting what makes her happy too. Dicky Bird's Nest


5 comments:

  1. I think it's great your camera brings you such joy. I need to do the same. get to know my camera. Your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I am an automatic lens kinda girl - I don;t understand any more of it! I wish I did though.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photography shares the top of my 'happy list' alongside music. I understand what you say about it making you more observant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Cheese"! :D

    You take some lovely pictures, Sharon. I just have my cell phone camera, but, that is fine for my purposes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found your gift. Your mum is right, you take a picture of a chipmunk - or some other little thing - and turn it into art. Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.