Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

What Day is it?

Earlier I thought it was Wednesday and when I was getting ready to write this I was just about to title it Monday...Another Beginning. Sigh. I feel as though I'm going crazy!

A moan - I don't moderate my comments, but I'm really tempted. Today there were at least ten spam comments, all the same comment, same person on my page and another two from someone else. Sigh. UPDATE ON THIS - I have turned on moderation as I received more spam comments.

Another week plodding along. Can't say I've been up to much. Walking. Reading. Crafting. House stuff. Some days I just feel like a hamster running on a wheel - round and round and round. We didn't go far Sunday as the weather was lousy. It was cooler but with it came the rain. We did go out for a drive and a quick walk along the beach, but not to the wildlife place we were going to go.

I have - finally - been sorting through a pile of magazines and books that I needed to go through. I was a bit more brutal with the magazines this time. Some I am donating but a lot got a project ripped out and then were put in the recycle. Some of the clutter has been getting on my nerves again which is the perfect motivation for sorting through it. There isn't any point hanging onto some of this stuff so I determined to be a little selective on what I keep.

I have also started a new cross stitch project (out of one of the magazines I sorted through). I need something to keep me awake. I'm having an awful time with sleep right now. I feel so sleepy sometimes in the afternoon. I think it has something to do with pre-menopause as I went through something like this a few months ago. I just need to get over the fact that I feel guilty if I sleep during the daytime and just do what my body demands.

Photo of the day - American Goldfinch. I love watching these birds in the field where I walk in the morning. There are so many wildflowers growing back there. I am trying to take photos of them, find out what they are and make myself a little book.




5 comments:

  1. The days do tend to run one into the other, don't they? I, too, have been getting a lot of spam comments, but, I do moderate the comments, so, they don't appear on the blog, itself.

    Well done on decluttering the magazines. I made the mistake of looking online for recycled magazine crafts, the other day! Oh, my!

    Go ahead and treat yourself to an afternoon nap, Sharon. They might help with feeling better about things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding the days can merge rather. I have a few things that punctuate the week that have restarted now and that's helping a lot but even so, I have to think.
    When I sit down in the afternoon, I almost always nod off for a while. I think it is natural. Why not just call it a 'power nap' and go with the flow.
    I get spam but not loads (hope this isn't famous last words) so I just go into the comments section and delete them wholesale. A nuisance and if there were more, I'd probably turn on moderation again too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never tell what day it is these days. Good job it doesn't matter too much. I prefer to moderate comments as I don't want nasty stuff left on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning finch photo. Although you won't recognize my face, I promise you I am legit. I just popped over from another blog, but forget which one. I follow half of dozen British ladies, and no doubt clicked on the link in one of their sidebars or in their comments. Anyway. Nice to meet you!

    I just recently ended up with a bit of spam myself. It seems that these spam things happen in spurts, and I had some guy who needed 3 comments to seemingly tell me and my readers his life story. I deleted them quickly. Let's hope this spurt is over and done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.