Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Away for the Weekend

We went away for a mini-weekend break. As some of you know all our camping trips I booked earlier in the year were cancelled due to the virus as the parks didn't reopen until the middle of June. We were supposed to go away to one park where I had booked a rental cabin in May. As this was cancelled I was given the choice to rebook with an extra night later in the season and this one I managed to do for last weekend. We went to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to check out some of the Autumn colours. We usually try to do this each year and I'm glad this, at least, wasn't cancelled. I must admit I felt really safe at the campsite - you're away from other people (which is partly why we like to go lol). 

Here are a couple of phone photos from our trip.


This is Miner's Castle from the overlook. It was really pretty!


This is a rare photo of me lol. It was taken by hubby at the Cut River Bridge. Really beautiful colours. I don't think the trees get lie that where we are. There were so many different colour trees. 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors! Great pictures. Glad you could get away.💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks stunning there. The lake looks like the ocean. Great to see a photo of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so glad that you were able to get away for the weekend! I know you look forward to those camping trips and were disappointed when they were cancelled. Great photos and I really love all the colors. I miss the autumn colors, down here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely. I'm so glad you were able to get away and had such a lovely time.
    It's nice to see you too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to see you. Looks like a great trip away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. I'm glad you shared the one of you! You said, at least the fall colors weren't cancelled...you know something, I think this year has been the most colorful I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.